Sr. SW Engineer
- Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
The Visa Token Service (VTS), a new security technology from Visa, replaces sensitive account information, such as the 16-digit primary account number, with a unique digital identifier called a token. The token allows payments to be processed without exposing actual account details.
The Sr. Software Engineer position within the team is an individual contributor role based in our Bangalore (India) office.
- Work as a member of a team responsible for designing, developing and maintaining Visa's Commercial line of products.
- Perform software programming to contribute to project deliverables.
- Work with team members on technical software development issues, problem analysis and resolution.
- Work with team members on technical analysis, design, coding, unit testing, implementation and documentation of solutions for new development, system enhancements, and production support.
- Participate in design and code review sessions as appropriate; to ensure the quality of work delivered by teammates is in accordance with development standards.
- Interact with business units to define requirements/modifications and use case to utilize in designing appropriate solutions.
- Create documentation and procedures for installation and maintenance.
- Identify opportunities for further enhancements and refinements to standards, best practices and development methodologies.
- Java expert with experience in REST APIs, Spring, Hibernate and exposure to web based technologies.
- Experience with applied cryptography is a plus.
- Experience in 'C' programming is a plus.
- A bachelor's degree in engineering or computer science or a related Field.
- Minimum 3+ years of software development experience.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.