Technical Architect for Visa.com, Marketing Technology
- Austin, TX, USA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
Visa's Marketing Technology team is looking for a Technical Architect to lead their efforts on Visa.com content management system. They are looking for a hands on builder who will work with cross functional teams spanning multiple product and technology disciplines (Java/AEM). Successful candidates will be highly adaptable, possess strong interpersonal and organizational skills and able to effectively manage multiple work streams. They will work closely with Visa's marketing and user experience organizations to build the systems that expand Visa's business externally on Visa.com. The ideal candidate for this position will have more than 10 years of combined experience in software engineering with at least 3 years in a lead / architect role. This is a great opportunity to make a huge impact and if done right the role will extend Visa's brand, increase employee productivity and position Visa to be in a perpetual hackathon model.
- Set architectural and software engineering direction for Visa.com
- Development and improvement of Visa's systems that support branding and marketing operations for Visa.com utilizing Java and AEM
- Lead the innovation initiative for Visa's external marketing technology by prototyping and building new systems that leverage our service infrastructure on top of Adobe AEM
- Work with delivery teams in Austin, Foster City and Bangalore to build new services and components that will live on Visa.com and other external marketing sites owned by Visa
- Translate broad strategies into specific project objectives and action plans
- Provide recommendations to management based on standard methodologies and experience working in a global and diverse environment
- Heavy collaboration across business and technology organization, providing sound business analysis, process and change leadership within a an Agile framework
- Provide thought leadership and recommendations to management based on best practices and experience working in a global and diverse environment
- Communicate effectively and enthusiastically on management ideas and recommendations for optimizing business operations, resources and fixed capacity
- More than 10 years of relevant experience (e.g., software development/engineering delivery, development and package implementation, delivery and design)
- 5+ years of experience with enterprise CMS solutions and 2 years’ experience on Adobe AEM/CQ
- Educational background in Computer Science/Engineering is required
- Experience with marketing automation and CRM systems a plus
- Hands on experience in designing and developing applications using Java EE platforms
- Object oriented analysis and design using common design patterns and microservices
- Profound insight of Java and JEE internals (Class loading, Memory Management, Transaction management etc.)
- Excellent knowledge of Relational Databases, SQL and ORM technologies (JPA2, Hibernate),Mongo DB
- Experience in the Spring Framework and SOA /REST applications
- Experience in developing web applications using at least one popular web framework (JSF, Wicket, GWT, Spring MVC)
- Some combination of the experience with Splunk, Akamai, Gomez, Thousandeyes, Keynote, AppDynamics and/or Riverbed
- Domain expertise in managing and supporting enterprise class systems; overseeing software architecture, development and systems integration; and aligning complex business problems to appropriate technology solutions that deliver strong returns on investment
- Demonstrated consistent and steady growth in career
- Familiarity with agile/SCRUM development methodologies and software development lifecycle principles
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.