Staff Software Engineer
- Foster City, CA, USA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
As a Staff Software Engineer, you will be part of our Enterprise Payments team to help design, enhance and build our transactional platform in an agile development environment. You will work with colleagues, who will support and challenge you daily. You will play part of multiple teams tasked with multiple projects ranging from building full stack development of real-time transactional services, REST services API, Container based services to highly functional, secure, scalable and resilient real time and batching systems. You will work on unit testing, code reviews and regular check-ins to continuous integration that will become part of your DNA. You will see the code written and moved to production within just a few days, to then be used by a huge customer base including Facebook, Nike, FedEx, Apple, State Farm, to name a few.
If this sounds exciting, we want to chat and tell you more about our work culture and environment and see if this will be a good fit for both of us.
Our ideal candidate will:
- You have a Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related field and 10+ years of Software Development Experience or a Masters with 7+ years of Software Development Experience
- You have expertise of Core Java, JEE technologies, REST and container based technologies.
- You have experience architecting solutions with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery in mind
- We count on your curiosity and creativity, to want to understand customer requirements and our processes and want to come up with creative solutions
- While you’ll have the skill to see and understand the big picture, you’re able to stay focused on the task at hand to achieve immediate goals
- You’re great at systematic and accurate research wanting to uncover the smallest detail
- You have amazing work ethics that will help us all work extremely well together
- You have proven experience as a technical leader with ability to understand the requirement and architect, design and build the solution.
- You have the passion to understanding people and to always striving to improve our products and services!
Our engineers do more than just write code:
You’ll help our customers achieve their real goals by understanding their requirements and how they respond to their business needs
You’ll use technologies that include Java, REST, NoSQL, Docker and more
Champion Agile to inspire change and continuous improvement throughout the delivery process
You will analyze business requirements and architect a solution that is robust and scalable along with providing technical documentation of solution
You have the work and academic experience that will demonstrate proficiency and ease with programming languages, mobile technologies, quality assurance, scripting languages and operating systems
You’ll leverage on new technologies to build the next generation of Payment Services
You’ll lead efforts to architect, design and implement various components of our global transaction processing systems
Your DNA would include following and creating software best practices and processes.
You’ll lead meeting and discussions with cross-functional and non-technical teams
You have excellent interpersonal skills and above all, you are team players
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.