Sr. Software Engineer
The Client Information Development is part of the Client Information Clearing and Settlement
(CICAS) organization. We are responsible for development, maintenance and
support business critical applications that support VISA's daily operations.
Client Information applications are responsible in the storage, upkeep and
dissemination of client information for authorization, clearing, settlement and
data mining. A successful candidate will work as an individual contributor who
will be able to deliver quality work product in collaboration with more senior
members of the team.
- Provide analysis, software design, develop code, unit test
and full integration of software into existing platforms and architecture
Create design and system documentation of software artifacts
for installation and maintenance
Remain current with latest industry standards and best
practices that can be incorporated into existing systems
Identify, evaluate, and develop cost effective development
approaches that meet business requirements
Analyze business problems and implement technical solutions that
will meet these requirements
Communicate effectively to team to derive "best
practice" solutions that can be reused
Build and maintain effective relationships across functional
areas in order to provide superior product support
Provide rotational 24x7 on call support for problem analysis
and resolution as scheduled
Ensure on-schedule delivery of a high quality product that
meets business and technical requirements
Participate in design and code review sessions as appropriate
The ideal candidates should posses the following.
• Bachelor's Degree is required, advanced degree a plus
• Strong oral and written communications skills are required
• At least 5 years of software design and development experience
• Strong interpersonal and analytical skills
• Capable of coding, testing and implementing quality code with zero defects under tight timeframes
• Willingness to learn from, and share your knowledge with, other team members
• Ability to multi task and handle multiple competing priorities with minimal direction from management
• Must work well within a team in a fast-paced high performance organization
• Must be flexible and capable of working under pressure
• Strong SQL, XML, WebService, Remoting.
• Strong in Java, Javascr script, extJS and angularJS.
• Experience working with SQL Server Database, DB2 and UDB.
• Experience of Microsoft Windows 2003/2008/2012 & IIS, Linux and Weblogic and Apache Tomcat .
• DTS, Reporting tools such as Jasper Reporting Tool and Reporting Services.
• Good understanding of client server and web based application.
• Exposure of OOP concepts and design patterns.