Strategic Market Consultant (Senior Sales Manager, CyberSource)
- Paris, France
CyberSource, a Visa company, is a global leader in e-Commerce Payment Management. As part of CyberSource's continued growth and expansion we are looking for talented, articulate and bright individuals who want to make a difference.
CyberSource has been and continues to be a pioneer within the e-Commerce Payment Management world. CyberSource offers a full-service payment management platform for e-commerce merchants, combining global payment processing, fraud management and payment security systems.
This senior sales position focuses on the identification and generation of new business opportunities across Europe, selling CyberSource’s complete portfolio of payment services to strategically important Enterprise level accounts.
This position is focused on targeting strategic multi-national accounts, planning and forecasting against target, as well as utilising key metrics to track and measure effort and success.
This is a senior sales position, and as such the candidate will be a strategic thinker with impact, possessing strong commercial acumen and extensive payments industry knowledge, with the credibility to be an internal and external thought leader and spokesperson for CyberSource
- The primary responsibility will be to drive new sales of online payment, fraud management solutions and ancillary products to enterprise level clients and global organisations, creating sustainable long term relationships with key Enterprise customers.
- Responsible for proactively identifying new business opportunities and building a pipeline of activity from initial qualification to close through a complex sales cycle. Works autonomously with prospects and internal teams to identify and eliminate any barriers to revenue generation.
- Demonstrates in depth CyberSource product and service knowledge with the ability to identify opportunities to cross-sell and maximise revenue in each client interaction. E-Commerce subject matter expert, pro-actively engaged across the payments industry to retain relevant skills and knowledge.
- Leveraging internal resources and marketing programmes as well as industry knowledge and personal sphere of influence to ensure all internal stakeholders are appropriately engaged to ensure successful conclusion and implementation of key opportunities.
- Proactively manage internal stakeholders to ensure customer interactions are well considered and positioned to deliver added value and represent CyberSource in a credible way to market
- Considered a subject matter expert in the application of the company’s sales methodology and demonstrates the value of methodology to multiple stakeholders to achieve results and engage with customers in a strategic way.
- Demonstrating deep financial and strategic insight into target customers, and demonstrates a clear understanding of customers e-commerce strategies, utilising industry knowledge and product insight to build and deliver against a long-term client strategy
- Working largely autonomously the candidate will be the interface for CyberSource in a specific determined vertical(s), and as such should present themselves as credible and confident with the ability to negotiate at Senior Management and Board level as well as being comfortable with Enterprise procurement processes.
- This is an ambassadorial role representing CyberSource at industry events and conferences in the region, the candidate must have proven ability in presenting to large audiences with competence and confidence.
- High degree of self-sufficiency, but reports to management regularly and provides timely updates on both Pipeline and Forecasts for all product lines and services.
- Proactively updates SalesForce to ensure accurate data is available and sales activity is recorded and role models best practice sales administration practices for other team members.
- Negotiation of pricing and discounts as well as contractual terms within set parameters
- The individual will build upon their industry expertise and extensive subject matter expertise from a strong payment, ecommerce or omnichannel background
- Build and maintain relationships with global counterparts to drive a collaboration culture in which best practice is shared and work with global colleagues on joint projects and global merchant relations where required
- Role model positive and collaborative behaviours within the new business team, encouraging and supporting a team culture which is accountable and puts the customer first
- Demonstrable experience in a payment related role or equivalent experience in an eCommerce related position, preferably within a large matrix organisation. Proven track record of consistently exceeding sales targets in market competitive companies.
- Proven capability to proactively manage a complex and lengthy sales cycle, demonstrated experience
- Demonstrated experience of using a strategic understanding of the customer, products and payments, to identify sales opportunities and be viewed as a trusted partner by the customer
- Demonstrate an excellent understanding of the Banking and French payment processing ecosystem
- Significant experience in selling product or solutions, preferably in enterprise software, BPM, SaaS, Professional Services, or IT industries. Payment services experience strongly desired.
- Demonstrated experience of working with multiple internal teams and a proven track record of being able to deliver added value to the customer through a cohesive approach
- Strong track record of using a CRM system, preferably Salesforce, to ensure new business activities are visible to a broad range of stakeholders.
- Ability to work autonomously and successfully manage multiple stakeholders with minimal supervision
- Excellent ability to influence multiple stakeholders at varying levels of seniority
- Ability to interpret different data sources and extrapolate learnings and identify possible course of action / correction.
- Ability to think strategically and develop go-to-market plans, with a willingness to develop high-quality tools, collateral, presentations to execute your vision.
- Significant experience of working with customers who have complex multi region operations with aggressive growth plans
- Significant personal relationship management and influencing skills in a solution sales environment
- Advanced presentation skills, consistently demonstrated to c-level audiences
- Experience creating and owning detailed client proposals
- Proven track record/evidence of ability to selling at board/C-suite level
- Excellent communication skills, demonstrating the ability to adapt communication style to an audience
- Ability to utilise Microsoft Office products at advanced to intermediate level.