Director, Data Analytics
- Palo Alto, CA, USA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
About Visa Loyalty& Commerce Solutions
Visa Loyalty & Commerce Solutions (VLCS) is a team within Visa's product organization that works on solutions for merchants to grow their businesses and build stronger customer relationships. Joining our team means you’ll get the best of both worlds: the culture of a fast-paced startup with the security and scale of a Fortune 500 brand. Our group is devoted to building forward-thinking products to give our partners a leg up. Here’s a sample of what we’ve been working on:
Launched Uber Local Offers in August 2016, a new way for riders to earn discounted rides by simply using the same Visa card on file with Uber at their favorite local merchants and high profile national brands.
Leveraging Visa data to power our technology and ensure that we’re serving relevant, personalized offers to consumers.
Building best-in-class APIs that accelerate the delivery of merchant solutions and data analytics to fuel business growth and strengthen customer relationships.
We're looking for an experienced manager to spearhead analytics and reporting for VLCS. Given a set of project requirements, you should be able to implement data mining and visualization techniques, as well as provide statistical analysis and post-campaign analysis for targeted marketing campaigns. You'll also be responsible for data integration among diverse data resources. In general, you are able to provide sound methods and identify key results to support strategic decisions. Ideally, you have fantastic communication skills, and you can work effectively and efficiently with everyone from fellow analysts to business partners.
- Develop and implement business-application-based datamarts, data collection systems, data analytics, data sanitizing and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and quality for business processes
- Implement marketing campaign analysis including pre-campaign audience targeting, in-campaign performance monitoring, and post-campaign analysis
- Acquire and integrate data from multiple data sources
- Identify, analyze and interpret trends and patterns for large complex datasets using statistical techniques
- Manage a growing team of data analysts, and collaborate actively with the Visa Data Science team, VLCS product managers and engineers, and VLCS business leads
- Work with management to prioritize business and analytics needs
- Explore and define new process improvement opportunities
- Present ongoing reports and findings to management and business partners
- Competitive salary, comprehensive medical benefits, and 401(k) matching
- Free meals, snacks, beverages, and on-site fitness classes
- Friendly and collaborative open office environment
- Visa stock purchase plan
- Ping-pong, hackathons, rooftop happy hours, and team-building offsites
- Offices in downtown San Francisco (close to BART), Foster City and Palo Alto (close to Caltrain)
- BS or MS in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Economics, Engineering, or other related field
- 5-7 years experience in data analytics (marketing analytics preferred) and experience managing a team
- Strong leadership, persuasion and teamwork skills
- Excellent communication skills: ability to translate robust analytics and metrics into simple to understand takeaways, and comfort creating presenting findings to management and business partners
- Ability to develop and maintain effective relationships with key product partners
- Strengths in meeting objectives through influence, facilitation and team building
- Strategic planning expertise, the ability to lead change, and the dream to operate effectively within a dynamic organization
- Strong analytical skills with ability to collect, organize, analyze significant amounts of information and massive datasets (expertise in SQL, Hive)
- Experienced in data visualization using Tableau and/or Excel
- Familiar with scripting languages such as R, Python and/or PHP
- Technical expertise in data mining: statistical distribution, missing/outliers data statistics, segmentation, regression, A/B testing, hypothesis testing, etc.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.