Junior Software Engineer, VIP Product Development
- Foster City, CA, USA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
The VisaNet Integrated Payment (VIP) system is the core of Visa’s realtime authorization system. As a Junior Software Engineer for VIP Product Development, you will be developing code for one of the world’s most heavily used payment systems. You will:
- Maintain and enhance the VIP system
- Provide support and problem resolution for the VIP system
- Complete business and technical analysis, design, coding, unit testing, implementation and documentation of solutions for new development, system enhancements, and production support
- Work with other team members to successfully implement business requirements while applying the latest available tools and technology
- Demonstrate initiative to ensure on-schedule delivery of a high quality product that meets technical all requirements
- Participate in design and code review sessions as appropriate, to ensure the quality of work delivered by teammates is in accordance with development standards
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or a related technical discipline is required
- 3 years of applications design and development experience with a bachelor’s degree (or less with a master’s degree) is required
- Experience in developing electronic payment systems is desirable
- C/C++ and OO design required
- Familiarity with IBM Assembler and the Transaction Processing Facility (TPF) operating system is desirable
- Familiarity with VPARS, TPF toolkit and debugger, and testing TPF in a VM environment
- Knowledge of zVM and zLINUX.
- Working knowledge of zOS JCL.
- Experience implementing software solutions in a highly complex environment
- Strong oral and written communications skills are required
- Ability to work well with a team in a high performance organization
- Ability to use efficient coding techniques to produce well-structured, easily maintainable code
- Ability to develop technical specifications from high-level business requirements
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to prioritize workload and maintain focus
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.