Sr. Software Engineer
- Austin, TX, USA
Senior Software Engineer – Fraud and Authentication Applications
You may have noticed that payment has become a very hot area
in the last couple of years. Given the strong demands and rapid innovation,
this will be a very exciting area in the next 5 to 10 years. VISA is a strong leader
in the payment industry, and is in a fast pace to transition to a technology
company. For a payment system to work well, the risk management and fraud
detection techniques are very critical. These techniques and systems can
benefit from big data, data mining, statistics, cloud, and many other advance
technologies. In VISA, we have all of these.
If you want to be in the exciting payment space, learn fast
and make big impacts, VISA Risk and Authentication group is an ideal place for
The Fraud and Authentication development group is
responsible for building critical fraud and authentication products,
applications, and services in VISA. This includes idea generation, the design,
development, and testing of products, applications, and services that provide
Visa clients with solutions to detect, prevent, and mitigate fraud for Visa and
Visa client payment systems.
About Risk & Authentication
The Risk and Authentication domain group is responsible for the design, development, and testing of applications that provide Visa clients with solutions to detect, prevent, and mitigate fraud for Visa and Visa client payment systems.
Visa is looking for Java/J2EE developers with hands-on experience with Angular, to help them develop Risk and Fraud Systems. As a Senior Software Engineer in the payment technology team, you will help lead, design, enhance and build our services for customers in an Agile development environment. You will be working with colleagues that will help, support and challenge you every day. Unit testing, code reviews and regular check-ins for continuous integration is just part of your DNA.
You will start out by learning our systems from the ground up, helping to develop secure solutions to current problems. You will be working on a Live production environment and will get excellent e-Commerce experience that will help you excel your career.
- We expect our engineers to do much more than just writing code:
- Solid Understanding of Core Computer Science Concepts - Algorithms, Data Structures, OOPS and DB Design.
- Write optimized and quality code. Partner closely with teams to produce an application that flows seamlessly and works intuitively with our customers.
- Work with architecture teams on research & analysis of newer technologies for next generation of Risk and Fraud Systems.
- Comfortable in leading meetings and discussions with non-technical teams.
- Finding the best and most creative solutions to many different types of problems and help our clients achieve their business goals.
- Work closely with Product and Project Management Offices and interface seamlessly by knowing your audience.
- Expertise with J2EE server-side web application framework and REST services.
- Experience with Node development and module bundlers such as Webpack.
- Understanding of UX design techniques and prototyping.
- RDBMS database design, optimization and performance and/or No-SQL
- Knowledge of Security Principles, Web Standards and Accessibility Best
- Masters with some or no industry experience or Bachelors with 5+ years of
industry experience, in Computer Science or related field.
- Experience with secure UI applications.
- Experience with Splunk
- Experience profiling and correcting memory usage and threading issues, and
optimizing code for performance
- Web services standards and related technologies (XML, XSL, X-Path, JSON, Rest,
Soap, WS*), Web Security, Asp.Net Web security infrastructure
- Familiarity with Git or other Source Control systems
- Experience with Agile methodologies or SCRUM
- Excellent written and communication skills
The ideal candidate for this job is expected to have the following qualities
- Leadership: Ability to lead solutions and work with teams to achieve excellence
- Curiosity: A desire to seek clarity of requirements and why things are done a certain way
- Creativity: The ability to take a list of needs and insights and come up with other innovative ideas
- Enthusiasm: A passion to understand customers and deliver better products and services to them
- Strategic focus: Skill to understand big picture and stay focus on task to achieve goals
- Attention to detail: The capability to perform any research systematically and accurately
- Strong work ethic: The innate drive to do work extremely well and stay self-motivated
- Academics: Bachelor or Master's degree in Computer Science or related field with strong fundamentals
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.