Sr. SW Engineer
- Bengaluru, India
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
Risk and Authentication domain group is responsible for the design, development, and testing of applications that provide Visa clients with solutions to detect, prevent, and mitigate fraud for Visa and Visa client payment systems. This position is for a Senior Software Engineer on the Risk and Authentication team who will focus on creating new functionality while maturing our code base and development processes. You will be an integral part of the development team, sometimes investigating new requirements and design and sometimes refactoring existing functionality for performance and maintainability, but always working on ways to make us more efficient and provide better solutions to our end customers. The role is for a self-organized individual with knowledge of web application and web service development. The candidate will perform hands-on activities including design, documentation, development and test of new functionality. Candidate must be flexible and willing to switch tasks based on team’s needs.
The Engineer is responsible for developing and executing comprehensive suites of automation test plans and test cases, maintaining and adding to existing automation framework, continued evaluation of test cases for inclusion in regression, automation for newly integrated features, and development of toolsets to augment QA and Development testing. Candidate will have to work with all the engineering stakeholders to run your tests in a fully automated manner.
You will work side by side with the developers in one of the product development scrum teams, creating test automation and testing new features in our frequent product releases. You may occasionally have to participle in manual testing efforts in areas not yet automated.
- Bachelor’s/Masters degree in computer science, computer engineering or relevant field required.
- 4+ years of experience in Python/Java knowledge and coding skills are must to have
- Selenium, Jenkins, SQL - DB2, UNIX/LINUX/shell scripting, REST/SOAP Web Services exp is required
- JMeter/Performance Center(good to have as working exp)
- Groovy(good to have as knowledge)
- Robot Framework(good to have knowledge)
- Collaborate with leads to design, develop, execute, and maintain automated test suites
- Collaborate with Development and Product teams to analyze, debug and resolve design and code issues
- Develop software to augment existing test automation tool
- Setup, configure, and maintain test environments
- Work independently with minimal guidance
- Experience with software development tools (Eclipse,Intellij, Jira, Git, Ant)
- Experience with software test framework and tools ( Java/Python Selenium)
- Experience with software builds, testing and continuous integration tools preferably Jenkins
- Solid experience testing high availability backend applications
- Ability to multi-task, work well under pressure, work independently with minimal supervision and work cohesively as part of a team.
- Strong oral and written communication skill
- Support cross-functional teams in integration test efforts
- Document and publish test cases, test results, and analysis to product and development team
- Enhance test automation framework in support of Continuous Integration
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.