Staff UC Engineer - Unified Communication
- Ashburn, VA, USA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
Visa Corporate IT has embarked on a major transformation journey. We are transforming ourselves into a true engineering organization where we put customer experience and end user support first. As part of this strategy, we are consolidating several of our operational functions into a single area focused on providing world class operational support to our end users. Additionally, we are moving our engineering teams into a new organization, leveraging a DevOps mindset, focused on delivering projects\solutions in a more efficient manner.
This change is geared towards rethinking how we provide engineering support for the services we're responsible for. As a member of the End User Technology team, the Staff Network Engineering position is responsible for ensuring our end users receive the best Voice and Video experience possible. The successful candidate will work with a dynamic and evolving global team that is driving the charge to ensure that Visa is not only the best way to pay but also the best place to work with state of the art end user technology and solutions.
Reporting to the Director of Unified Communication, this role provides engineering support to our global users, for Voice and Video related services. The successful candidate will work with our existing Cisco and Audiocodes based telephony gateways, our Cisco Telepresence Video solution and our emerging Unified Communication solutions for integrated voice, video and instant messaging (Skype for Business). The successful candidate will also manage the voice infrastructure associated with the call center. Given the desire to hire fungible resources who can provide more than base level engineering support for VOIP and other voice\video solutions, the candidate will need to have experience developing solutions that improved the overall end user experience. This may be accomplished thru development of new solutions and\or leveraging API's of our existing tools to work ourselves away from poor solutions. The candidate will collaborate with engineering, operations and development teams to ensure that the end user experience is exceptional.
Eliminating repeat incidents and avoidable issues, while ensuring 100% uptime, with properly designed solutions. The desire is to evolve these resources to be able to provide engineering input, strategic guidance, architectural design and various other services.
Primary Responsibilities include:
- Engineering and second level support for recommending and configuring new international toll free services on AT&T Route It.
- Preparing sizing estimates to the product teams when new call center offerings are being considered.
- Work extensively with the carriers to keep current with their feature offerings and pricing.
- Interface with the carriers to understand what their capabilities and limitations are.
- Understand what our Audio Codes gateways can do and how best to fit them into our call center environments and regional offices for Unified Communications.
- Perform Engineering and 2nd level support for AudioCode Gateways, Cisco Unified Call Manager and Cisco CME/SRSTGateways. Including, but not limited to, designing fit for purpose solutions with tools like Acano and Vyopta.
- Provide third level support through online ticket system; escalate issues for resolution as appropriate.
- Ability to perform end-to-end troubleshooting for voice, video and UC systems.
- Communicate and liaise with all other Company departments; notify appropriate parties immediately of any issues which may affect efficient operations including, but not limited to, outages, service disruptions, and repeated customer complaints.
- Thinking outside the box and develop creative engineering solutions.
- Deep Familiarity on LAN/WAN topologies, protocols, cabling and troubleshooting.
- Familiar with Skype for Business and Unified Communications.
- Knowledge on QoS standards and policies.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Visio for system diagrams and documentation of responsible architectures.
- The ability to communicate effectively while working with internal and external customers.
- Ability to Multi-task and work with minimum supervision and be self-motivated is required.
- An enthusiastic positive attitude towards working in a team environment.
- Interface with customers to gather appropriate details for communications designs.
- Available 24/7 for 3rd level support.
- Assist internal customers in a professional and service driven manner.
- Assist other members of team to complete assignments to meet goals and objectives.
- Perform related duties, as needed.
- Proven engineering, documentation and troubleshooting capabilities and thought processes.
Minimum 6 years' work experience with Unified Enterprise Systems, in room Video and Telepresence enterprise, Skype for Business, with focus in the areas listed below:
- Tier 1-3 on Audiocodes, Cisco Call Manager and Unity with experience in deep configurations.
- Lync\Skype for Business design\configuration\use within a Medium to large company.
- Good oral and written communication skills, good investigative and customer service skills.
- Flexible with processes and the opportunity to create new processes.
- Willingness to enhance knowledge and mentor Operational Colleagues.
- College degree in relevant field preferred, but not required.
- CCNA Collaboration experience.
- Strong Voice\Video\Telecommunication technical skills
- are mandatory, with exposure\experience with PC\Workstation and call center experience as a secondary skillset.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.