Business Analyst, Data Platform Business Operations
- Palo Alto, CA, USA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
You love Data, Learning, and Technology. Where others see difficult problems, you see Rare Opportunities to build the partnerships and relationships to provide the solution. We are looking for you!
We are the Data Platform team within Visa. We collaboratively enable Visa to be the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, technology is at the heart of what we do. Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 global transactions per second, enabling digital currency. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, discovering and building partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy.
The Business Analyst position will be responsible for driving forward several Business Operations activities in Data Platform. This will include leading workforce planning activities, supporting financial management for portfolio analysis, vendor management and executive reporting. This position interacts with many cross-functional stakeholders, including various Technology teams, Finance, Human Resources, and other functions. This position will report to the Sr. Director of Business Operations.
- Lead Data Platform workforce planning activities including:
- Manage and maintain the overall strategic resourcing plan
- Produce weekly, monthly reporting, analytics and dashboards to track the performance against the strategic resourcing plan
- Partner with functional leads in Data Platform, Finance and Human Resources to effectively execute on the workforce strategy
- Support the Portfolio Management team with business updates in resource planning, forecasting to accurately forecast and track the program expenses for the organization
- Support vendor management performance process in tracking demands and managing monthly financials, including work orders
- Develop detailed financial models and business updates to drive the proactive management of Data Platform portfolio
- Provide ad hoc support for other business management activities as needed
- BA/BS degree is required with preference for degrees in Finance, Business Management or Economics or a related major.
- 1-3 years of experience in financial analysis, business operations, management consulting, or a related industry
- Solid analytical and problem-solving skills; prior financial budget and modeling experience preferred
- Ability to work independently with strong time management and ability to execute on multiple concurrent deliverables
- High degree of proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office tools (specifically Word and Excel, Access is a plus)
- Prior experience working with reporting & data visualization systems such as SQL, Access, Tableau, etc.
- Demonstrated understanding of process improvement programs and processes, with experience driving them successfully within technology organizations highly preferred.
- Experience developing and implementing metrics to deliver desired business outcomes. Some background in “operational excellence”.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, presentation, collaboration and teamwork skills with demonstrated ability to gain trust, secure buy-in and influence change at all levels
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.