Senior Data Scientist - Cyber Security Analytics
- Ashburn, VA, USA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity.
Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payment company in Silicon Valley, technology is at the heart of what we do. Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks; our Advanced Authorization engine scores every authorization
VisNet processes with machine learning models for issuers to stop frauds in real-time. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
You are an engineer who has domain knowledge or an interest in networking, Big Data, machine learning and cybersecurity. You are ready for an exciting opportunity working hands on with the world’s most advanced cybersecurity technologies and thrive in a super dynamic environment where you are being counted on to help to defend Visa from the most advanced cyber threats. You are looking to innovate the next generation of cybersecurity technology with Petabytes of data.
You will leverage cutting-edge technologies to perform statistical profiling, inference, classification, clustering and predictive analysis. As a key member of the technical team, you will translate cyber and network security related requirements into sophisticated models to help derive new insights to defend against cyber-attacks. You will be working with a large variety of data sets, cutting-edge security technologies, and world-class operation teams to create awesome analyses for cyber security.
The position will be based at Ashburn, VA
As a member of the security analytics team, you will engage directly with cybersecuirty SMEs to identify and define usecases and requirements.
You will work closely with other data scientists and data engineers to propose and develop analytical solutions.
Be hands-on in leading and/or performing development work during the production cycle.
Communicate clean and persuasive data directly to end users, leadership, and other stakeholders, technical and non-technical.
- Familiarity with Big Data technologies such as Spark, Impala, Hadoop
- Excellent understanding of statistical and machine learning models
- Exceptional coding skills and experience with high-level programming language like Scala, Python, Java for data analysis.
- Practical data wrangling skills (SQL, Python, Perl, R)
- Basic knowledge about enterprise networks and systems.
- Advanced degrees or equivalent experience in STEM fields.
- 3 years of working experience in developing and doing integration projects for enterprise level solutions.
- Real world experience with Big Data Technology, including Hadoop, MapReduce, Spark is needed
- Strong experience in Spark Python/ Scala and Java is needed
YOU’LL BE ESPECIALLY COMPETITIVE IF YOU HAVE …
- MS/PhD in a data related field such as mathematics, computer science, physics, or similar
- Prior experience and certificates in cyber-security (e.g., CISSP, Security+, CEH, GSEC...)
- Experience with a real-time, large-scale data processing engine, including Apache Spark
- Experience with deploying applications in a cloud environment
- Experience with designing and developing automated analytic software, models, and algorithms
- Experience with tools for statistical computing (e.g. tensorflow, NumPy, SciPy).
- Experience with data visualization libraries like D3 or Gephi
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.