Sr. Staff Software Test Engineer (REF5506P) - Visa Digital Developer Platform (VDDP)
- Foster City, CA, USA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
The Digital and Mobile Product Development (DMPD) team is looking for a talented software engineer with a passion for automation and tools development to implement tools / framework strategies. Based in Foster City, CA, you will take leadership role working with other leads in the organization to apply your test engineering expertise, UI / API automation skills, and experience in tools and test framework development, to help teams become more efficient and effective in organization wide CI/CD initiatives. You will be part of the Automation and Integration tools team that is working on innovative and cutting edge solutions enabling automation of DMPD apps. The primary responsibility of this role is to design, develop, and maintain frameworks to support end to end automation of mobile and web based applications, including native apps and mobile browsers. In this hands-on role you will use your advanced software development skills and experience in prototyping automation with latest open source tools to implement organization wide automation strategies.
If this sounds exciting, we want to chat and tell you more about our work culture and environment and see
if this will be a good fit.
- You’ll help our internal customers achieve their CI/CD and automaton goals by understanding their requirements..
-You will build partnerships with engineering leads to make sure that the tools we are building deliver real value.
-You’ll use technologies that include Java, REST, Jenkins, TestNG, Selenium, etc.
- You will analyze requirements and architect a solution that is robust and scalable along with providing technical documentation of solution.
- You have experience that will demonstrate proficiency and ease with programming / scripting languages, network protocols, security, and operating systems.
- You’ll leverage latest in open source technologies to build the next generation automation frameworks and innovative approach to automate latest apps build by the team.-You’ll lead efforts to architect, design and implement various tools
- Your DNA would include following and creating software best practices and processes.
- You coach and mentor your team members and help them grow professionally.
- You’ll lead meeting and discussions with cross-functional and non-technical teams.
-You have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, propensity to collaborate and above all, you are a team player!
- You have a Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related field and 10+ years of Software Development Experience or a Masters with 8+ years of Software Development Experience.
- You have proven experience leading initiatives that have delivered high quality solutions for automation of Mobile, Web, and API based applications.
- You are a Java expert and you have experience in automation of REST APIs, Web UI, and native apps using tools such as TestNG, Selenium, Apium, Perfrecto, Jmeter
- You have strong experience with Agile development incorporating Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery, utilizing technologies such as GIT, Maven, Jenkins, Chef, Sonar,
- Ensure proper metrics instrumentation in software components, to help facilitate real time and remote troubleshooting/performance monitoring.
- We count on your curiosity and creativity, to want to understand customer requirements and our processes and want to come up with creative solutions and improvements.
- While you’ll have the skill to see and understand the big picture, you’re able to stay focused on the
task at hand to achieve immediate goals.
- You have a strong work ethic tofocus on our goals.
- You have proven experience as a technical leader with ability to understand the requirements and independently, architect, design and build the solution.
- You have the passion to collaborate with people and help mentor your juniors to reach new heights.
- You have strong debugging skills, experience in widely used OS, and in-depth knowledge of networking protocols
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.