Senior Director Product Reliability Engineer
- Palo Alto, CA, USA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
The Senior Director of Product Reliability Engineering will be an integral part of our Data Product Development team to ensure the products we release to our community are optimal and high quality to use. In this role, your scope is to improve the user experience with our products. You would manage and collaborate closely on existing and newly released products and features to help manage the key aspects of the launch (milestones, testing, and release) and ongoing operations of the product’s lifecycle. This includes responsibility for understanding the quality and user experience for our products globally. In this capacity, your team will collaborate and integrate closely with Product Managers, Developers, and Engineering to bring an operational mindset to product development. The ideal candidate is a motivated self-starter with leadership and management qualities that can work independently in a fast paced, ambiguous environment with limited supervision. He or she must be a fast learner with experience in the Financial or Payments industry.
- Support vision creation and roadmap for development of data products and set strategic direction for roll-out of capabilities across product lines
- Develop automation and testing capabilities to support development and release of data products
- Manage data and analytics tools, platform infrastructure and services
- Scrutinize the technology stacks and application layers of the products and identify opportunities to improve stability, supportability, scalability, quality and availability to optimize the product
- Lead data quality across internal and external products and services
Identify and measure key product metrics and operational intelligence
- Structured thinker who helps advance the strategy and execution of the ProdOps team
- Effectively deploy team and project resources to ensure high quality and consistency for data products
- Establish partnership between operations, applications and business teams to increase synergy to achieve Operations Excellence.
- Maintain product scorecards and assist in the documentation of product development methodology, policies, and governance frameworks
- Build empathy and passion for user experience and a trust trusted partner for our product and engineering teams
- 15+ years of experience in building, optimizing and supporting multi stack data products, quality, and services, preferably in the payments industry
- Outstanding communications ability to a diverse customer audience, including C-level executives, technical stakeholders and users
- Experience managing direct reports with responsibilities including hiring, coaching, performance and development goal setting, annual reviews
- Proven ability to lead projects end-to-end to meet client commitments
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced environment; self-motivated, self-managed
- Deep knowledge of modern software development lifecycle, including post-implementation support and adoption
- Experience working in agile development environment is preferred
- Master’s degree is preferred
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.