Director Business Intelligence & Analytics Products
- Palo Alto, CA, USA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorship's, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
The Merchant Products and Services team drives the development of Products and Services built on top of Visa’s Merchant Repository. This individual will act as a trusted technical lead and strategic thought leader within the GMR technology team. You will strategize, define, develop and lead application solution development and delivery for the Merchant Products and Services team based in Palo Alto. You will ensure growth of existing and new applications and services that deliver significant business value to Visa and Visa’s clients. You will identify and prioritize the key capabilities, define the technical specifications, create solution approaches and build execution roadmaps in achieving the goals. You will act as a technical expert and lead, participate, guide, and mentor your team on the design and development in a hands-on manner. This role requires attention to detail and a flexible, team-player approach. Superior organization, written communication and verbal communication skills are required.
Primary responsibilities will include:
- Develop and execute on roadmap for products and services plus ensuring alignment with the business and enterprise architecture strategies and standards.
- Able to develop, present and explain the value and vision of proposed solutions and solutions to a wide range of audience.
- Articulate technology solutions as well as explain the competitive advantages of various technology alternatives.
- Develop strategies to meet business objectives with existing or emerging technologies. Ability to translate business concepts to technical terms.
- Apply creative thinking/approach to determine technical solutions that further business goals and align with corporate technology strategies, keeping in mind performance, reliability, scalability, usability, security, flexibility, and cost.
- Oversee and sign off design and development artifacts and ensure the quality implementation and smooth execution in production. Ensure adherence to engineering standards for all aspects of the software development life-cycle.
- Serve as a technical expert and provide mentorship to help team members grow in their careers.
- Provide regular feedback, conduct performance review and manage your team to effectively achieve both team and personnel objectives.
- Build relationships with key technical leaders across technology organizations and collaborate on promoting development and execution best practices across technology
- Work with engineering professionals, architects and others within Visa to ensure that the solution will scale appropriately while being cost effective.
- Maintain execution roadmap of the engineering platform and proactively work with the program management organization and solution architects in driving the technology roadmap. Work with Product Managers in the Product Mgt organization in driving the business roadmap.
- Experienced technology leader with a minimum of 10+ years of hands-on experience in systems and solution design, architecture, and development.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline required; advanced degree is a plus.
- Technical background in data with deep understanding of issues in multiple areas such as search engines, information retrieval, highly scalable and available platforms, data management, query processing, distributed processing, high availability, statistical, data mining, machine learning and operational excellence of production systems is required.
- Leadership background in leading, developing and mentoring junior and senior engineers. Prior experience in leading a team of 6-8 people a must.
- Have a successful track record of leading execution of large scale projects that represent broad strategic initiatives meeting quantifiable business objectives and resulting in tangible impact for the organization. Demonstrated expertise in leveraging agile and other development methodologies
- Strong at identifying problems, solving complex problems with simple solutions.
- Think strategically: See patterns and relationships in information and events; clarify and simplify complex information; anticipate trends and possibilities that may lead to new business opportunities; consistently think and act "ahead of the curve;" anticipate and effectively respond with urgency to immediate opportunities; executes plans vigorously and with flexibility; operate proactively; identify and address long-term opportunities.
- Strong on driving for results and self-motivated, fast learner, with good understanding of related advanced/new technology. Keep up with the technology development in the related areas in the industry, which could be leveraged to enhance current architectures and build durable new ones.
- Outstanding verbal, written, presentation, facilitation, and interaction skills, including ability to effectively communicate technical and non-technical issues and concepts to multiple organization levels and executive management.
- Demonstrated hands on experience building and architecting Big Data solutions. Expertise in Big Data technologies in Hadoop ecosystem MapReduce, Hive, HDFS, Yarn, Kafka, Pig, Oozie, HBase, Sqoop, Spark, etc
- Experience developing highly distributed, scalable, concurrent and low latency systems working with one or more of the following technologies: Hadoop distributions, Storm and Spark streaming, Kafka, Spark advanced analytics, NoSQL data warehouses such as MongoDB Hbase, Cassandra, and data processing frameworks like Apache Nifi.
- Hands on experience with Scala, Python, and Java etc
- Understanding of Machine Learning libraries like Apache Mahout and Spark MLib
- Strong understanding of text mining, NLP and real-world applications of the same.
- Developing data-enabling software utilizing open source frameworks or projects such as SOLR, Drools, and other search engines/search technology.
- Strong on elegant coding, can write very solid prototypes or core components quickly.
- Should be a technical leader who inspires people first through his/her technical know-how.
- Should have strong team management and personnel development skills. Establish positive and effective team culture within the Merchant Program. Influence culture and working arrangement with colleagues in non-US work locations.
- Experience working with and evaluating open source technologies and demonstrated ability to make objective choices.
- Leveraging DevOps techniques and practices like Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment, Test Automation, Build Automation and Test Driven Development to enable the rapid delivery of working code utilizing tools like Jenkins, Maven, Nexus, Chef, Teraform, Ruby, Git and Docker.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.