Staff Software Engineer, Data (REF9738N) - Visa Digital Developer Platform (VDDP)
- Austin, TX, USA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
Visa Digital & Developer Platform Data Engineering and Analytics team has many exciting opportunities in the field of Software Engineering. How would you like to build some of the tools that are critical to moving & transforming data-driven insights into valuable information at Visa? We are looking for a candidate with a Software Engineering background who is passionate about Data. As part of the Visa Digital & Developer Platform Data Engineering and Analytics team you will be responsible in not only building data pipelines to efficiently and reliably move data across systems, but also build the next generation of data tools enabling the company to take full advantage of the data. In this role, your work will broadly influence the company's data consumers, analysts and next-gen product decisions.
As a Staff Software Engineer of Digital & Developer Platform Data Engineering and Analytics team it is expected that you have high attention to detail , quality and mentor junior engineers in the team. You are Enthusiastic and principled about finding and applying the best practices in Big data analytics into existing pipeline. You are considered an SME in your domain and a team player with knowledge of structured problem-solving assignments.
- MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field.
- 8+ years of software design and development experience.
- Strong foundation in computer science, with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms and software design optimized for building highly distributed and parallelized systems
- Minimum of 4 to 5 years of experience in building custom or structured ETL solutions at scale
- Minimum 2 years of experience of working with Tableau or similar tools
- Demonstrated hands on experience building Big Data solutions
- Expertise in Big Data technologies in Hadoop ecosystem, Spark, HBase, MapReduce, Yarn, Kafka etc.
- Working knowledge of Machine Learning libraries like Spark MLib
- Excellent SQL skills
- Good Unix/Bash scripting knowledge
- Ability to write well-abstracted, reusable code components
- Outstanding verbal, written, presentation, facilitation, and interaction skills, including ability to effectively communicate architectural issues and concepts to multiple organization levels.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.