Director, North America Visa Direct Financial Planning & Pricing
- San Francisco/ Foster City, California, us
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
“Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.”
Visa Direct is a payment service that Visa provides to clients (issuers, acquirers, processors, merchants and service providers) to facilitate fund transfers/disbursements to Visa accounts in the U.S. and around the world using push payment technology, i.e. Original Credit Transaction (OCT). In the US, Visa Direct consumer and business applications include person to person (P2P) transfer, person to micro-business
transfer (e.g. payments to landscaper), and funds disbursement (e.g. insurance claim disbursements). Currently, the push payments market in the North America is estimated to be a $13T
The NA Visa Director of Financial Planning & Pricing will be a key team member of the NA Business Operations & Strategy group which is building the infrastructure drive the Visa Direct exponential growth. The successful candidate will be responsible for the financial planning of Visa Direct Payment
volume and P&L, along with the pricing strategies and controls across the U.S. and Canada.
- Build and assess accuracy of volume & revenue forecast on a consistent basis to evaluate trends and gaps to reaching goals
- Evaluate potential root case of unexpected shifts in volume/ revenue trends and data exceptions
- Develop models to assess projected volume of new merchants and use cases to inform commercialization partners of areas of focus.
- Create executive-level reporting of financial performance; specifically build and maintain standard reports and dashboards tracking volume and program goals, pipeline growth and performance
- Develop subject matter expertise in Visa Direct & Visa pricing as well as program portfolio contractual pricing structures
- Develop and implement pricing strategies to compete with Visa Direct alternatives
- Create monitoring controls for pricing and routing deals compliance, contract terms
- Identify financial planning control gaps, suggest solutions and implement most feasible alternatives
- Lead pricing and process improvement projects to support the business growth
- BA/BS in Business, Finance, Statistics; MBA preferred
- Minimum 10 years of experience with financial analysis, forecasting, pricing
- Superior analytical, project management, and communication skills
- Proficiencyin MARS, EBI MicroStrategy, Excel along with other database/ query tools required
- Critical thinker, strong organization skills, ability to summarize findings from data, curiosity to deep dive on root cause of trends
- Ability to explain complex business and technical concepts to a broad audience in an approachable way
- Excellent problem solving skills with a strong focus on clients
- Passionate about what you do and fired up about the opportunity to transform payments working for the industry leader
- Strong team player, self-motivated and the ability to work independently at coordinating cross functional activities, obtain buy-in and elevate issues at critical junctures appropriately
- Excellent communication skills, including verbal, written and presentation necessary.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.