Business Development Associate - Visa Commerce Solutions
- Palo Alto, CA, USA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do. CyberSource, a Visa company, has been and continues to be a pioneer within the e-Commerce Payment Management world. Our VisaNet network is capable of handling over 65,000 transaction messages per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks.
We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
“Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.”
The Visa Commerce Solutions group – which includes Visa Commerce Network, Visa Advertising Solutions, Visa Offers Platform, and Visa Loyalty Platform Services – uses Visa’s highly valuable data and technology to drive commerce for merchants across the globe. Through the Visa Commerce Network, consumers earn rewards like Uber credits for shopping or dining at their favorite merchants. Other platforms, such as Visa Advertising Solutions, utilize Visa’s data to provide valuable insights and targeting capabilities for merchants based on consumer spend behavior, while the Visa Offers Platform and Visa Loyalty Platform Services power the backend of some of your favorite card-linked offer programs throughout the world.
After a comprehensive training and internal rotational program where you will experience each of these products and the teams working behind them, Business Development Associates will be placed on a team best suited to maximize their existing skill set and nurture their future growth and development. Once placed, you will develop both the technical and functional skills necessary for success in business and technology, including managing accounts, communicating with clients and internal stakeholders, and learning day-to-day business operations. If you’re an entry level candidate looking to make an impact in a fast-paced, team-focused environment then come work, play, and grow at Visa.
Your responsibilities will grow with the role, but the list below provides a picture of the tasks you’ll be doing at the outset:
• Support Visa Commerce Solutions monetization strategies and advertising/card-linked promotions.
• Daily account management including, but not limited to: performing detailed quantitative analysis and determining strategic growth opportunities for existing clients.
• Support and guide partners through technical integrations.
• Collaborate with your colleagues to find solutions on complex, strategic problems affecting our merchant partners and their customers.
• Develop an expert understanding of the Visa Commerce Solutions product offerings.
• BS/BA required.
• New college grad or 2 years or fewer work experience.
• Detail-oriented and diligent worker, with strong problem-solving skills.
• Strong time management skills, ability to prioritize tasks in fast paced environment.
• Excellent professional communication skills.
• Able to jump into projects outside of your comfort zone at a moment’s notice.
• Proactive self-starter in a fast-paced environment.
• Able to successfully work in a cross-functional setting with various teams, including engineering, product management, marketing, and others.
• Proficiency in Microsoft applications (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
• Familiarity with/expertise in desktop, mobile, and web applications.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.