Director, Regional Hub and South East Asia Operations Support
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services
join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
This role reports to the Senior Director, Regional Hub & SEA Operations Support, to maintain activities and processes that allow the business to run effectively and efficiently by focusing on:
• Supporting the BUs with their respective business opportunities in providing commercial advice and of relevant policies and procedures.
• Implementing a continuously improving controls and process framework that complies with Visa policy and procedures.
• Develop remediation plans to address identified issues impacting the controls and processes environment.
- Provide consultative support to assist the BUs in supporting business opportunities to achieve a positive outcome and ensuring compliance to policies and procedures.
- Provide commercial advisory to the BUs and be seen as a “go to” subject matter expert on policies and procedures.
- Represent the voice of the business teams to ensure the needs of the business are represented in developing and delivering effective controls, processes and procedures.
- Partner with Compliance, Legal and Sourcing to implement and adhere to business procedures to ensure robust controls are in place
- Ensure consistency in AP wide approach to delivering guidelines to executing business in accordance to policies and procedures, and reviewing proposed policy exceptions, include but not limited to the following:
o Assist BUs to fulfil Sourcing tasks such as raising Visa Supplier Manager (VSM), Purchase Requisition, Supplier or Non-supplier set-up in Oracle and work with Sourcing team to onboard approved Value-In-Kind (VIK) vendors in Playbook
o Review and approve VIK requests, contracts and associated purchase requisitions and escalate non-compliance issues to Financial Internal Controls’ team
o Assist BUs in reviewing contracts to ensure the business intent and commercial terms are clearly stated
o Facilitate prepayment approval requests, prevent unnecessary upfront payments to suppliers and track approved prepayments
o Review and provide directive on complex and high risk transactions, upon consultation with control functions and/or global policy owners
o Ensure proper account coding, especially in terms of Contra Revenue-versus-Opex account classification
o Review supporting documents for Receiving in Oracle and perform Receiving for BUs
o Ensure Pipeline (Project registration) report is updated so that each stage or tranche of every transaction is monitored and executed perfectly without violation to Visa’s policies and procedures
o Review progress and closure reports to ensure transactions are properly closed and post campaign evaluation completed satisfactorily, with Visa’s obligations fully discharged and Business Partners’ obligations fully delivered
o Provide oversight to ensure Regional Hub and SEA teams are properly managing gifts, donations or corporate events in accordance with policy and procedures; ensures strong inventory tracking and management for gifts/goods
o Review and opine on business transactions requiring policy exception working with the respective stakeholders and policy owners
- Support the Regional and SEA Controls Committee that meets regularly to align on supporting the BUs effectively, and review complex &/or high risk transactions.
- Perform root cause analysis and drive corrective action of exceptions identified by key controls stakeholders.
- Develop metrics reporting and analytics of implemented processes that measure risk and support continuous business improvement activities.
- Develop and maintain procedures and standard processes to assess, report, and remediate operational risk and compliance-related issues; provides regular self-assessment reporting to Functional team leads.
- Provide recommendations to Regional Hub and SEA Operations Support team and BU Leads on creating a strong compliance culture.
- Support and administer compliance-related training initiatives and programs
• Prior work experience in business operations, compliance, audit, or risk with focus on operational controls
• 8-12 years of business experience including supporting senior leadership
• Strong Audit, business controls, compliance & risk function experience desired
• Experience in financial services or payments industry preferred
• Bachelor's degree in a business discipline, with higher degree qualifications preferred.
• Good finance and accounting knowledge
• Knowledge of card and payments industry preferred
• Excellent Microsoft Excel and Access working knowledge
• Experience or qualifications in business improvement methodologies such as six sigma an advantage
• Strong problem solving skills, with demonstrated ability to identify and resolve issues and risks, including root cause analysis
• Ability to anticipate and identify opportunities to establish standards and controls, as well as develop and recommend solutions
• Experience in creating, implementing and training on policies, procedures and guidelines
• Ability to work effectively in a matrix management structure, that is diverse, international with a multi-cultural environment
• Strong communication, interpersonal and influencing skills and ability to drive effective change at all levels of the organization
• Detailed, conscientious and highly responsible team player
• Superior business English, both oral and written is essential