VOCC Open Systems (Associate Technical Support Analyst)-First Level Server Support
- Highlands Ranch, CO, USA
Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
A Visa Operations Command Center (VOCC) analyst for the Open Systems team, should be able to support
an ITIL based infrastructure to include incident resolution and escalation of
issues for which there is no immediate workaround. The analyst is expected
to drive incident resolution upwards of 80% of all issues without the need
for any escalation. Ideal candidate must possess demonstrable leadership qualities combined with technical expertise, and client advocacy to be able to drive and direct a best in class ITIL focused service to
Visa Inc. customers. The analyst will be required to drive Service level
expectation against performance to ensure that external and internal
clients experience a positive response to inquiries, issues and events. The
preferred candidate will possess all of the following competencies:
•Communicate effectively throughout the incident management process to ensure that all communications
are timely and accurate. Ability to draft the various types of communication in
complex and non-routine situations, and distribute to appropriate recipients'
within set time frames with little to no guidance.
•Track and update all incident in the incident management system, ensuring that documentation is thorough,
accurate and meets ticket quality standards.
•Provide routine L2 system administration on multiple server platforms, in the resolution of incidents.
Liaisons with L2 support groups in the resolution of incidents for complex,
•Support and participate on project schedules and changes which can include UAT testing, creation of
process and procedures, and assisting with training development and
implementation specific to immediate team and/or department.
•Maintain technical skills through participation in ongoing training. Ability to train junior staff
members in technical disciplines.
•Ability to identify, analyze and
isolate anomalies presented via standard alerting utilizing a variety of
hardware and software testing tools and techniques.
•May take the leadership role in managing highly critical events that may have the potential of major financial
and/or reputation impacts to Visa, Inc.
BS degree in Information Systems or CS or equivalent experience; typically requires a minimum of 5+years of experience preferably in financial services.
* (ITIL) Technical staff member with hardware/software system configuration and troubleshooting skills and experience. Includes (but is not limited to) Windows, UNIX based servers, mainframe and application.
* Demonstrated analytical abilities in independently resolving complex problems that may not have fully documented handling procedures.
* Uses sound judgment in determining priorities and assisting junior staff members and/or enlisting support of others to prevent compromises to Visa's business or client service level agreements.
* Demonstrated ability creating procedures for complex issues to provide the ability for junior members to resolve these issues in the future.
* Leadership abilities to influence motivation, collaboration and innovation from team members.
* MS Office Proficiency
* Windows or Unix Certifications – Preferred
* Experience with ServiceNow and Tivoli NetCool monitoring is a plus.
* Experience participating or facilitating problem bridges for high priority events also a plus.
Position is for a two week rotating shift schedule of 12 hour days starting at 8am. Week one schedule days are; Monday, Tuesday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday. Week two scheduled days are; Wednesday, Thursday.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.