Staff UI Engineer
- Austin, TX, USA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
Visa UX is looking for a Staff UI Engineer to join our team. We believe that great design has the ability to engage and inspire users and we strive to rethink and redefine how users interact with our applications and products. All of our team members are strategic thinkers and conceptual problem solvers who make every UX decision an informed one. We value hard work, accountability and collaboration and look for proven skills over big egos. Our team excels in working together and recognizing individual strengths, and values each contributor as a key factor in successfully delivering a project. If you understand “Yes, and” over “No” this is the team for you.
In this role, you will work closely with UX designers, software engineers and product owners to architect and define the future state of our platform.
- Lead the UI Platform team with support and guidance on project specific processes, procedures, tools, training, and techniques
- Manage a small team of UI Engineers in project contexts
- Analyze and resolve complex problems associated with applications systems. Detect, diagnose, and report related problems
- Collaborate with and lead other developers on best practices, code reviews, internal tools and process improvements
- Review of the product architecture, design, requirements specifications, and test specifications
- Determine and provide estimates for development tasks
- Provide technical assessment of the impact of any changes to product requirements
- Lead the continued improvement of the organization's development procedures by looking for opportunities for improvement and implementing solutions
- Resolution of technical issues in conjunction with team members
- Ensuring that UI technical implementation, code, and unit tests are consistent, robust, and scalable
- Leads project related meetings
- Actively manage engagements to support overall project goals, budgets and timelines
- Collaborate with technical managers, architects and other technical leads to deliver world class enterprise grade software and software enabled services
- Work very closely with UX team on UX design, POCs, templates, standards etc.
- Mentor engineers on the team and ensure high code quality by performing code reviews, providing guidance, developing standards and managing work allocation within SCRUM Agile project teams ensuring highest productivity
- Mentor/shared knowledge with other teams on technology and process ensuring best practices and continuous improvement
- Architect, Design, Develop, unit test, debug, deploy and support software ensuring end to end software life cycle
- Follow software engineering discipline ensuring delivery of stable, scalable, maintainable and highly available software products and services
- Engage in Continuous improvement ensuring higher quality, productivity and punctual delivery
- Run workshops on technical aspects of products ensuring continuous learning
- Identify and report assessed risks and potential solutions ensuring proactive risk management
- Work with design team members to overcome and resolve all design related roadblocks ensuring team risk mediation
Skills and Experience
- Minimum 7 years’ experience developing enterprise-level, mission critical, database-driven software for medium and large application development projects. Full life cycle experience is required.
- Being able to work with the UX engineers and designers to improve the user experience and design, this includes new ideas and input.
- Advanced knowledge of React, including the philosophy behind component oriented front-end architecture.
- Intermediate understanding of Redux or Flux, should be able to apply best practices and have knowledge of front-end state management patterns.
- Expertise in AJAX and RESTful methods to facilitate working with back-end and full-stack developers.
- Must be focused on the delivery of customer value, in the form of executing software that meets the customer's needs.
- Must be able to interact and communicate with all levels of staff and project management in both the business and the technical areas
- Must be able to work with a scrum team
- Possess excellent analytical, problem solving, organizational, interpersonal, and motivational skills, with the ability to move cleanly from theoretical to implementation thinking.
“Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.”