Sr. QA Engineer (REF9455Z) - Visa Digital Developer Platform (VDDP)
- Foster City, CA, USA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorship's, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
As a Senior Quality Assurance Engineer (QAE) on the Approval Services Chip testing QA team, you will be responsible for continuous, end-to-end certification of the next-generation platform for secure, interoperable mobile payments. This platform services top issuing banks, which is used across 5 continents and 20+ countries.
In this position, you are a passionate and talented developer with problem-solving abilities and coding/testing/debugging skills who can work in a dynamic environment. Extensive JAVA, mobile application testing and automation skills are required. You must be dedicated to delivering production-ready code in short timeframes and willing to go above and beyond when needed. You must be a great team player that can help mentor across the team.
- You will play a key role in the execution of technology testing solutions that deliver quality test results that sustain implementation in the field. Ensure that testing is strategic and focused on maintaining the reliability and functionality that is essential to both internal and external constituents.
- Developing and implementing testing solutions that will scale appropriately while insuring that what is implemented best prepares the company for growing demands and quick timeframes, while ensuring quality and meeting business objectives.
- Troubleshooting client issues, tracking in JIRA, reproducing locally with mobile testing tools and applications, and feeding back into testing solutions to improve scope, and client interaction regarding solutions and alternative recommendations.
- Work closely with product and development teams to design and deliver testing solutions based on use cases and business requirements.
- Review code and accountability for testing activities.
- Participate in proof of concepts and other technical evaluations of new technologies and testing methodologies.
- Work with multiple teams.
- Excellent programming skills in Java, beneficial to have programming experience in C.
- Solid programming skills in white box testing using unit/instrumentation tests (JUnits/TestNG).
Experience on Linux and UNIX hands-on concepts including shell scripting.
- Experience in Android application development and debugging.
- Experience with Continuous Integration(CI) tools preferably Jenkins, distributed source control systems such as Bitbucket/GIT, build tools such as Gradle/Maven, Agile/Scrum/Rally, JIRA, Wiki.
- Experience building, executing and automating tests for Web Services, REST API’s, JSON and JSON libraries.
- Experience in mobile automation testing using Espresso.
Thorough and deep knowledge of software QA design and methodologies, including crafting and executing test plans and test cases for mobile payment SDK across multiple Android OS versions and handset models.
Understanding of Payment Specifications and Visa Tokenization Platform.
- Experience troubleshooting mobile payment application issues - including token personalization and replenishment – across multiple Android OS versions and handset models.
- Experience diagnosing bugs using tools such as Splunk and browser developer tools.
- Ability to resolve problems that are complex in scope and require in-depth evaluation.
Work closely with software developers and production support to perform all levels of testing, as well as be an integral part of solving complex system level challenges.
Basic database knowledge is a plus.
- Excellent leadership, facilitation, and project management skills with the ability to collaborate effectively with developers, operations, release management, architects, designers, and product managers.
- B.S./Master’s degree in CS, EE or other technical field.
- Ability to see both the high-level “big picture”, as well as low level implementation details.
- Strong analytic skills with an open mind.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate. effectively with SMEs and managers from security, engineering, operations, support, and other disciplines.
- 3-5+ years' experience in all phases of developing, debugging, implementing and testing of software development process.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.