Vice President, Emerging Innovation & Technology Risk
- San Francisco, CA, USA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
The Vice President will be responsible for leading a team of new and emerging payments technology and innovations experts. You will be responsible for developing strategic/innovation risk assessments and conducting outreach to internal stakeholders on payment security issues through white papers, guidance docs, best practices and product trainings, webinars, and summits.
This role will be critical in contributing to the future direction and growth of the company and the investments in new and emerging technologies through development of technical specifications and security requirements. The ideal candidate must be passionate about identifying as well as evaluating new and novel technologies and market opportunities and their associated impacts and risks to Visa.
This role is collaborative, execution-oriented and requires a deep and strategic understanding of payments, Visa and our business partners as well as demonstrated success in leading teams to promote internal innovation. The position must work collaboratively with cross-functional and geographically diverse teams to drive consensus, and develop and execute against a common plan. This role will report directly to the Senior Vice President of Products and Innovation Risk.
- Assist in identification and evaluation of key technologies, companies, and markets by interfacing both externally and internally with thought leaders and experts.
- Continual awareness of new innovations and technologies globally – seek out, engage and advise on emerging threats and opportunities.
- Collaborate with those working on key Visa initiatives to develop and provide risk insights.
- Lead an on-going evaluation, analysis, and establishment of clear strategic view on new and emerging technologies, market disrupters, threats and areas of opportunities with a focus on evaluating the risk and impact to Visa.
- Interface with cross-functional teams to identify most promising innovation strategies to pursue further and provide regular updates to Global Risk and Product executives.
- Provide specific technology expertise across all business units to help advance and drive internal and external innovation.
- Maintain visibility within the payments community, network with industry leaders, and potential partners at business or technical meetings and conferences.
- Cultivate impactful relationships with the external innovation community.
- Develop strategic/innovation risk assessments and conduct outreach to internal stakeholders on payment security issues through risk white papers, guidance docs, best practices and product trainings, webinars, summits for Visa products, services and new technologies.
- Lead team to discuss and evaluate ideas with Visa’s Global Product and Innovation team along with Global Risk organization and other Visa stakeholders.
- Participate in variety of internal and external public speaking events, as required.
- Present new technology concepts to others within the Global Audit, Public Policy and Risk organization to drive collaboration, education, and acceleration of product to market.
- Work with limited direction, usually within a complex and often changing environment, to drive rigorous, fact-based recommendations to executives, functional, or regional management.
- 20+ years of relevant Visa Inc., payments and new technology industry experience; previous experience in risk management is a plus; deep and strategic understanding of payments, new and emerging technologies
- Bachelor's or Advanced degree in computer science.
- Seasoned leader that has built and grown teams successfully.
- Superior communication (written/verbal), presentation and facilitation skills.
- Ability to articulate new and complex concepts clearly and simply to executives.
- Strong ability to present to large and executive-level audiences.
- Demonstrated experience in assessing technologies as well as the payments landscape and relative business models. Extrapolate strategic and product-level risk and mitigations plans.
- Hands-on, entrepreneurial and flexible to take broad guidance from management and execute plan of action to drive results.
- Flexible and proactive trouble-shooting capabilities with the ability to manage diverse groups across multiple reporting lines.
- Process-oriented problem solver who can adapt within a multi-tasking environment and simultaneously manage multiple issues and projects with limited resources.
- High attention to detail and quality for all work products.
- Strategic and analytical thinker who challenges status quo and looks for creative solutions to problems
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.