Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Finance professional to join our newly formed Asia Pacific (“AP”) Treasury team. Primary accountability will be to support the International Settlement Services (“ISS”) set up and operations for the AP clients, which includes the review and validation of funds transfer data, the receipt and management of related documentation and for liaising with Sales and Client Support Services team to guide them and our Clients on how best to complete their standard settlement instructions.
Secondary responsibility is to serve as a production back-up for other AP Treasury functions, including National Net Settlement Services (“NNSS”), Corporate Account/ Cash Management and Foreign Exchange , which allows the candidate to gain in-depth knowledge of the entire Treasury activities in AP.
This role would suit someone who has a background in Finance and Back Office payment support functions and enjoys solving challenging problems affecting settlement in a critical, time sensitive production environment.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Set up new and modified funds transfer arrangements within agreed service level with a 100% data input accuracy for the clients in AP
- Analyze and make recommendations for how best to execute the creation of settlement funds transfer configurations for global settlement funds transfers for clients in AP
- Ensure settlement is set up in line with Visa key control, audit and production environment best practices so that it does not expose Visa to any financial or reputational loss and supports the timely implementation of client’s products and services
- Act as primary investigation and resolution analyst to the Visa Settlement Banks for accounts domiciled in AP
- Pro-actively liaise with the Visa Settlement Banks regarding SWIFT RMA arrangements, SWIFT or FedWire messaging requirements and compliance related issues impacting the safe execution of fund transfer, keeping all stakeholders regularly informed of progress
- Identify and research payments that do not comply with SWIFT or global banking standards and do not achieve straight through processing rates at the Visa Settlement Banks in order to improve efficiency, reduce pricing and eliminate impacts to the Visa reconciliation teams
- Establish and maintain relationships with clients, settlement banks/agents, other service providers, and client-facing Visa personnel
- Identify the root cause of standard and intermediate issues or problems affecting daily settlement, determining trends and taking appropriate corrective actions
- Report on a weekly basis on key settlement activities; amount of set ups completed or modified and key issues
- Participate in set up/recs team meetings and solve issues impacting Visa receivables and payables particularly as relates to Client bank account closures
- Champion how Visa opens and maintains settlement bank accounts and facilitate updates ensuring revisions to settlement bank mandates, bank account management inventory lists and related documentation in line with audit requirements
- Document and maintain settlement guides, settlement publications and client settlement information on centralized platforms to reduce the need to respond to one-off enquiries
- Pro-actively educate internal client support and sales facing teams regarding Visa settlement requirements and global settlement practices via regular webinars and training sessions so as to mitigate one-off query handling
- Support efforts to draft/negotiate documentation relating to settlement process designs, policies, operating procedures, implementation guides, forms and other documentation including control measures
- Participate in the delivery of quarterly presentations to Client Support organization on the subject of settlement set ups
- Provide support for new client onboarding by representing AP Treasury as SME for Settlement Funds Transfer information.
- Act as production back-up for other Treasury functions such as NNSS and Corporate Account/ Cash Management and Foreign Exchange
- Support Senior Director-Treasury in other Treasury initiatives/ projects on an ad-hoc basis as required
- Bachelor’s degree or at least 3-5 years’ experience in an international payments environment
- Knowledge of SWIFT and in country payment systems such as ACH, Fedwire, LVTS and RTGS’s with exposure to foreign exchange products and services
- High level of accuracy and detail oriented in setting up complex global funds transfer payment arrangements for facilitation of payments
- Good comprehension of control environment requirements, experience with various audits (e.g. internal, external, SOX, SSA16)
- Excellent written and analytical skills with demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft applications (i.e. Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook)
- Understanding of international banking trends and latest Visa products and services
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.