Business Development Leader - Merchant Sales & Solutions, South Asia
- Colombo, Sri Lanka
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
Business Group Overview
Deeper partnerships with merchants and acquiring banks is a critical component of Visa’s expand access strategy. Merchant Sales & Solutions is the global Visa functional team tasked with the responsibility of delivering to this strategy. The expansion of Visa acceptance plays an even more important role in growing business for Visa and its clients in a large emerging marketplace such as Sri Lanka. Visa has reinforced its focus on long-term acceptance growth by reinforcing its partnerships, enhancing market investments and having the right talent and organization to execute.
The Director / Business Development Leader, Merchant Sales & Solutions South Asia is a key business development position focused at Visa’s emerging partnerships with card acceptors and other payment ecosystem partners. Typical partners would include existing and potential Visa acceptors such as airlines, retail business, ecommerce and mobile businesses, loyalty programs and state owned enterprise. Additional partners would include payment ecosystem participants such as payment facilitators. The account executive will be responsible for developing and managing deeper partnerships with these partners. Key deliverables would include the implementation of payment acceptance strategies to increase merchant sales volume and grow revenue for Visa and its partners. This position reports to the Head of MS&S and Cybersource, India & South Asia with a parallel accountability to the country manager Sri Lanka.
Key responsibilities and outcomes include:
- Develop strategic alignment between partner organizations and Visa. Agree on strategic goals and deliver both long-term and short-term outcomes.
- Develop and execute partnerships for growth with merchants and other partners.
- Own relationships, business outcomes and drive internal resources towards delivery of partnership goals. Manage ongoing account plan and deliver on both strategic and tactical initiatives.
- Deliver the best of Visa to partners by deploying a 360 approach. Collaborate with internal stakeholders such as Core/Digital Products, Marketing, Innovation and CyberSource.
- Develop trusted relationships at both executive and operational levels.
- Payments expertise with a wide perspective on all elements of payments. The candidate must be able to collaborate and drive outcomes across various elements of payments such as merchant acquiring, processing, technology, payment facilitators & other intermediaries, etc.
- Experience at managerial in business development, partnership / account management or strategy / consulting is desirable with ability to be effective at senior levels in client organizations.
- Understanding of the payments industry and Sri Lanka market landscape. Relationships across key players and perspective and regulatory environment would be valuable.
- Industry experience in the payments ecosystem including acquiring banks, payments facilitators, merchants, payments networks or fintech operators is desirable. Direct experience in a card acceptor merchant is a plus.
- Flexibility, cultural adaptability and ability to navigate complexity is required to succeed in a matrixed environment collaborating with varied stakeholders. The role requires the ability to work across cultures and industries.
- 10+ years of relevant experience with a graduate degree or higher in business or technology.
- Full time position, based in Colombo, Sri Lanka. Ability to travel for business is required.