Senior Program Manager, Program management office
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do. CyberSource, a Visa company, has been and continues to be a pioneer within the e-Commerce Payment Management world. Our VisaNet network is capable of handling over 65,000 transaction messages per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks.
We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
“Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.”
We are looking for a Senior Program Manager, Program Management Office to be responsible for organizing programs activities for AP HUB PMO organization. Key product initiatives that the team is leading in Asia Pacific are Visa Token Service, VDCP and Visa Developer Platform. The Senior Program Manager , Program Management Office, Asia Pacific will be tasked with leading program management , program governance to support the organization's strategic direction, as well as creating and managing long term goals. Organizing programs and activities in accordance with the mission and goals of the organization. Developing new programs to support the strategic direction of the organization. Meeting with key stakeholders to make communication easy and transparent regarding project issues and decisions on services. Producing accurate and timely reporting of program status throughout its life cycle.
• Responsible for managing and supporting AP HUB PMO for various programs.
• This position requires experience in operations support, business requirements development, extensive project management skills and exposure to payment systems.
• The role will require extensive interaction across multiple cross-functional areas, such as Digital Product Development, Innovations, Strategic Partnerships, Account Management, Implementation, Customer Support Services and Product Sales.
• Be a strategic advisor to the internal and external stakeholders to help strategize the long term and short terms goals of the business
• Communicate risks clearly to the stakeholders, identify impact and suggest mitigation plan. This includes escalation support, program expertise, research and analysis for production issues, and overall program operational performance from a business perspective.
• The ability to analyze both quantitative and qualitative issues and opportunities in parallel, synthesize this information into key points and priorities, and make recommendations to management will be key to driving this operational excellence.
• Responsibilities will include program oversight and governance, audit support, and controls, compliance with program management methodologies and best practices.
• The position requires an experienced program management professional with the right mix of relevant experience and skills, an ability to flex between the strategic and tactical.
• Collaborate with program teams to maintain and store meticulous records of project artifacts, issues, risks, decisions, and schedules, etc., ensuring each program is prepared for audits by external or internal auditors at any time.
• Serve as an escalation point on program management practices for program and project managers, product owners, and development managers, purchase requisitions, risks or issue management, etc.
• 8-10 years of proven successful experience proactively driving results that exceed objectives with little managerial oversight.
• BA/BS degree is required with preference for degrees in Computer Science, Engineering, Business or related fields. MS/MBA is a plus.
• Advanced proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, and SharePoint) required.
• Highly developed analytical, strategic-thinking, problem-solving, and organizational skills as well as the ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities, assignments, and roles.
• Excellent verbal communication, presentation, collaboration and teamwork skills with demonstrated ability to gain trust, secure buy-in and influence change at all levels. An ability to influence without direct authority, as well as demonstrate an appropriate level of assertiveness, is critical.
• Demonstrated ability to thrive in a team-based environment that is fast-paced, rapidly changing, and service-oriented. Demonstrated commitment to ongoing professional development, learning new skills, and taking on new challenges
• The Program manager must be self-motivated, able to communicate effectively across functional and hierarchical lines, to complete analysis and support functions of their projects, and have strong technical background.
• Self-starter with a passion to drive results, with ownership, accountability, and a spirit to succeed.
• Ability to manage multiple projects, with proven leadership success over a wide variety of functional business problems.
• Skilled analytical thinker with the ability to identify, prioritize, and resolve various complex production issues.
• Strong team player, able to work independently, quick learner, customer service focused, resourceful, results oriented, and able to build consensus, detail oriented and excellent follow through.
• Proven ability to service and support a range of internal and external customers, often in parallel and within a shifting set of priorities.
• Broad and in-depth knowledge and experience in project management. Strong process orientation; solid understanding of project management techniques, methodologies and best practices.
• Ability to influence without direct authority to achieve necessary goals.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.