Director, Software Engineering
- Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
The Merchant & Acquirer Processing team is in an ongoing transformation to converge our enterprise and small business platforms; while maintaining our market leading position and strong brand reputation across these segments. As a Director of Software Engineering, you will provide hands-on leadership to the team to execute this mission, by hiring and building a world-class team of engineers, defining, executing and delivering functional and non-functional features at scale quickly and promoting a culture of cross-functional collaboration and engineering excellence. This position is based in Bangalore and will report to the Senior Director of Software Engineering.
- Lead a team of 10 to 20 members made up of both full-time employees and contractors.
- Deliver the product despite complex technical interdependencies with cross geographical teams.
- Provide technical leadership to development team by participating in design, performing design reviews and code reviews.
- Build a culture of engineering excellence (quality, security, performance, scalability, availability, resilience etc.)
- Partner with product managers in developing a strategy and roadmap that align with business goals.
- Partner with remote teams to ensure alignment across product development.
- Drive down technical debt and cost of operations/support.
- Manage the prioritization and delivery of enhancements and bugfixes on platform.
- Provide oversight for managed services work hapenning in your area.
- Ensure the process for incident management, change management and problem management are followed.
- Hire, retain and grow a high-performing team of software engineers.
- Invest in the career development of direct reports.
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical field required. Masters Degree or other advanced degree preferred.
- 12+ years of relevant experience with 3+ years experience leading teams.
- Expertise with the Microsoft platform, specifically with C#, WebAPI, ASP.Net, SQL Server.
- Experience building microservices, specifically with HTTP, REST, JSON and XML.
- Experience with the Java stack is preferred.
- Proven experience delivering highly scalable and available production systems.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and communication/articulation skills.
- Strong business acumen, ability to grasp big picture and explain to team in simple terms.
- Track record of hiring and managing world-class software engineers.
- Experience with Agile methodologies and software development lifecycle principles.
- Ability to manage multiple competing top priorities in a fast-paced environment.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.