Director Push Payments
- Johannesburg, South Africa
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
This role in the Digital organisation leads the Push Payments strategy, execution and implementation for Southern African region with responsibility for the development and commercialisation of new mobile and digital payment solutions and managing the growth and scaling of push payment solutions within the sub-region. The role is responsible for leading the widespread commercialization of new offerings which are first of their kind in the payment industry. These new solutions have to be deployed keeping in mind the evolving market, client and consumer needs and protection with the objective of driving significant future payment volume growth for Visa in the market. The role holder must possess a unique blend of strategic thinking, product management, project management, stakeholder management and implementation skills as well have an intimate understanding of payments, mobile technology, processing, back-end banking systems, consumer behaviour and Visa’s business.
The candidate filling this role will be a product lead with strong digital product and program management skills, prior experience of large scale technology payment product roll-outs, the ability to communicate commercially whilst being able to dive into technical detail as required and the ability to collaborate successfully across the sub-region, with client executives, technology partners and non-traditional partners.
Push Payments Subject Matter Expert
- Be the business and technical subject matter expert for Push Payments for Southern Africa.
- Collaborate and provide input to the regional Push Payments team on the development of the product vision, strategy, requirements gathering, functional design and technical roadmap.
- Educate and inform Visa Staff, Clients and Partners on Push Payment benefits, complexities, opportunities, architecture and implementation.
- Maintain the integrity of the product design while ensuring the correct solutions are being developed by clients and partners.
- Provide regular and ad hoc reporting as required to the Regional and Global Push Payments team.
- Be the “go to” person within Southern Africa region for all matters Push Payments.
Engagements and Solutions Delivery
- Program manage client Push Payment projects including project solution design, planning, implementation and commercialisation.
- Bring deep specialist subject matter expertise to bear in working with clients to develop the push payments business case and technical solution.
- Collaborate with the x-functional Visa teams, including product, marketing, communications, acceptance, consulting and the country management to engage clients, provide the right solution and ultimately commercialise push payment solutions to drive incremental payment volume to Visa.
Solutions planning and design
- Facilitate the planning and design of push payment solutions to client requirements.
- Understand market trends and requirements and provide feedback to the Global and Regional Push Payments team for solutions that need to be produced by the hub team. Produce applicable solutions locally if warranted.
- Import and disseminate knowledge of solutions from the Global and Regional Push Payments team within the broader CEMEA team.
Market Growth & Commercialisation
- Analyze and articulate the solution value proposition and solution economics for Visa and Issuers and Acquirers.
- Lead in collaboration with EP&I the existing push payment ecosystem in the region including maintaining and growing existing payment volumes for domestic and international P2P and disbursements.
- Minimum 7 to 8 years’ experience with a significant tenure involved in payments and technology, with a strong understanding of the Africa payments landscape.
- Global or multi-national business experience strongly preferred
- Strong academic credentials, with relevant undergraduate degree and MBA or graduate degree strongly preferred
- Superior analytical and problem solving skills, with demonstrated intellectual and analytical rigor.
- Must be team oriented, collaborative, diplomatic, and influential, flexible, with superb presentation skills, including strong oral and writing capabilities.
- Experience and in-depth knowledge of the payments industry, in particular experience in managing e-commerce, mobile or other payments projects.
- In-depth knowledge of mobile technology, processing and back-end banking systems.
- Experience with product development methodology for technology products including direct involvement in the function design and technical implementation.
- Experience of working with and understanding relevant government laws and regulations.
- Expert level meeting and workshop facilitation skills
- Self-starter and able to operate independently, without detailed direction
- Detail orientated, expected to ensure the highest level of quality/rigor in solutions development and delivery
- Multi-disciplinary thinking skills: creative, analytic, strategic
- Relationship management skills particularly ability to influence and negotiate with senior executives.
- Expert level Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent communicator, with strong English written and verbal skills