Privacy Program Manager
- Foster City, CA, USA
Visa Inc. is a global payments technology company that connects consumers, businesses, financial institutions and governments in more than 200 countries and territories, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. Visa does not issue cards, extend credit or set rates and fees for consumers. Visa's innovations enable its bank customers to offer consumers choices: Pay now with debit, ahead of time with prepaid or later with credit products. From the world's major cities to remote areas without banks, people are increasingly relying on digital currency along with mobile technology to use their money anytime, make purchases online, transfer funds and access basic financial services. All of which makes people’s lives easier and helps grow economies. Behind the Visa brand are our talented employees who continuously raise the bar with innovative solutions and products that deliver the convenience and security of digital currency to more people all over the world.
The Privacy Program Manager will be a member of Visa’s growing Global Privacy Office. You will join a global privacy operations team that will support and enhance the privacy legal and information governance teams, and all global privacy and information governance initiatives.
- Develop/maintain privacy service catalog, processes, tools and metrics
- Develop/maintain Privacy Controls Framework and Key Risk Indicators
- Maintain Visa’s privacy attestation process
- Monitor and measure privacy management performance for first and second line of defense activities
- Work with the Privacy Team to determine whether the privacy-related policies/processes need to be modified or developed, and drive any necessary policy/process changes
- Partner with Visa organizations to operationalize privacy requirements
- Provide ongoing direction and support for the privacy training program, including development and delivery of content for privacy training
- Monitor and report on the ongoing initiatives of the privacy program, using appropriate privacy technologies
- Partner with the Visa Strategy team on gap assessment and integration strategy for acquisitions, investments, divestures
- Support Visa’s annual GLBA process
- Maintain Privacy Notice Portal, Privacy InSite page
- Bachelor's degree (and advanced degree preferred) in Business, Marketing, Public Policy, Political Science, Computer Science, Information Systems or related field from an accredited college/university with strong academic credentials
- A minimum of 5 years of privacy program management experience required. Relevant experience includes privacy governance and/or privacy operations management and/ or privacy legal experience in a global entity
- CIPP/CIPT/CIPM Certification or similar strongly preferred
- Minimum of 3 years of experience with regulatory requirements and compliance issues in at least one of the following areas: PCI/GLBA, GDPR/EU Data Protection Directive, US State Privacy Laws, or other international privacy/data protection regulations and requirements
- Knowledge of incident response and crisis management processes, and third-party risk management considerations
- Superior analytical, problem solving and writing skills, teamwork
- Strong people skills with proven ability to build strong working relationships with internal clients at all levels of management and work on cross-functional teams on complex issues
- Versatility, ability to prioritize and handle a large number of matters, and ability to work effectively and collegially on a small legal team with significant workload
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.