User Experience (UX) Application Program Analyst in UX Design
- Austin, TX, USA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorship, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
The Visa Corporate IT group has embarked on a major transformation journey. We will not follow the 'traditional' IT playbook of simply purchasing off the shelf solutions and stitching them together. We are transforming ourselves into a true engineering organization where we put customer experience first, create highly leveraged (and loved) platforms with a heavy emphasis on operational excellence such as ensuring our platforms and services are unbreakable. Where we choose to continue with packaged software we will invent our way around their limitations such as poor UI or scale.
The Customer Experience (CX) team within Corporate IT believes that great design has the ability to engage and inspire users and we strive to rethink and redefine how users interact with our corporate applications and products. We are a team of creative and collaborative strategic thinkers, and conceptual problem solvers who make every decision an informed one. We value precision coupled with a “get it done” mindset, and look for proven skills over big egos. If you are obsessed with the customer experience, this is the team for you!
This role within Visa’s Corporate IT Customer Experience team is an extraordinary opportunity to drive Enterprise User Experience best practices into the heart of every Visa Corporate application, product, service and process. We are looking for someone who is passionate about customer experience and is thrilled to work on behalf of our global Corporate IT (CIT) team to support them in adopting and implementing a customer experience mindset. The position provides a unique chance to be on the forefront of the ongoing transformation of the division, closely cooperating with all management levels and getting insights into the corporate strategy.
• Support Visa’s Corporate IT teams in leveraging design thinking and user experience methods for their individual business needs
• Contribute to the improvement of the user experience of applications, products, services, and processes across the CIT organization
• Participate in user research activities from generative (interviews, observations) to evaluative (usability testing, card sorting)
• Follow established user research, user experience and interaction design methods
• Assist senior user researchers and/or designers with large projects and lead user experience tasks on smaller projects
• Conduct heuristic evaluations of existing applications
• Provide tactical support for user research activities such as scheduling user interviews, taking notes, transcribing recorded interviews, and moderating sessions
• Create UX deliverables such as user stories/requirements, flow diagrams, sketches, wireframes, clickable prototypes, and UI specifications based on user research insights
• Leverage Visa’s existing design system and create your own design patterns when needed
• Communicate the benefit of UX, and the process we follow to do our work
• Always be a strong and vocal advocate for the end user
• You have a bachelor’s degree in human-computer interaction, interaction design, marketing, cognitive science, computer science, or other related field;
• You have at least 1+ year experience with UX, HCI, design thinking, user research, and/or interaction design concepts, including the production of UX deliverables and execution of user research
• You are passionate about enterprise user experience
• You are interested in learning about all aspects of user experience, including research, information architecture, interaction design and service design
• You know how to evaluate a website or application based on set of criteria and produce clear and concise recommendations
• You are comfortable dealing with ambiguity, and you take initiative to seek clarity
• You are curious, you don’t take what you are told as truth and you enjoy getting to the root of problems by asking “why” all the time
• You have a low ego and know how to accept constructive feedback
• You love collaboration and exchanging ideas with your peers
• You have excellent verbal and written communication skills, problem-solving skills, customer service and interpersonal skills
• You have experience with a few different tools of the trade such as Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, Invision, Axure RP, Balsamiq or Omnigraffle
• You have a portfolio with at least one UX project you can walk through from beginning to end
• Knowledge of web accessibility is a plus
• Visual design or UI development skills is a plus
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.