User Experience (UX) Strategist
- Austin, TX, USA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorship, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
The Visa Corporate IT group has embarked on a major transformation journey. We will not follow the 'traditional' IT playbook of simply purchasing off the shelf solutions and stitching them together. We are transforming ourselves into a true engineering organization where we put user experience first, create highly leveraged (and loved) platforms with a heavy emphasis on operational excellence such as ensuring our platforms and services are unbreakable. Where we choose to continue with packaged software we will invent our way around their limitations such as poor UI or scale.
The Customer Experience (CX) team within Corporate IT believes that great design has the ability to engage and inspire users and we strive to rethink and redefine how users interact with our corporate applications and products. We are a team of creative and collaborative strategic thinkers, and conceptual problem solvers who make every decision an informed one. We value precision coupled with a “get it done” mindset, and look for proven skills over big egos. If you are obsessed with the user experience, this is the team for you!
The role of User Experience Strategist within Visa’s Corporate IT Customer Experience team is an extraordinary opportunity to drive User Experience best practices into the heart of every Visa Corporate application, product, service and process. We are looking for someone who is passionate about user experience and is thrilled to work on behalf of our global Corporate IT (CIT) team to support them in adopting and implementing a user experience mindset. The position provides a unique chance to be on the forefront of the ongoing transformation of the division, closely cooperating with all management levels and getting insights into the corporate strategy.
- Support Visa’s Corporate IT teams in adopting and developing User Experience (UX) strategies for their individual business needs
- Author communications that are focused on changing the mental model and driving the user experience vision across CIT
- Contribute to the improvement of the user experience of applications, products, services, and processes across the CIT organization
- Assist senior user researchers or designers with complex projects and lead user experience tasks on smaller projects.
- Support user experience activities such as scheduling and conducting user interviews, capturing user feedback, transcribing recorded interviews, and moderating sessions
- Consult regarding strategy, process and organizational implementation of User Experience across CIT
- Gather user feedback using established user research methods and communicate findings out to the organization
- Assist teams to incorporate user feedback when selecting vendors and designing/implementing solutions
- Create workflow diagrams, UI mock-ups based on user research
- Serve as liaison to identify where the Customer Experience team can fill needs
- Be a strong vocal customer/user advocate
Bachelor’s degree preferably in areas of Marketing, Communications, Business Administration and/or User Experience/Design
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Experience with user research methods such as interviews, observations and usability testing
Must have problem-solving skills, customer service and interpersonal skills, and skills to deal with ambiguity
Ability to work independently and manage time
Curious and creative, able to push boundaries and ask “why?” and “why not?”
Must have a passion for championing user experience
Experience with user experience design, user research and design thinking
HFI & CSPO certifications are a plus
Prosci Organizational Change Management certification is a plus
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.