Senior Software Engineer (Commercial Cards - B2B Services)
- Austin, TX
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
“Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.”
Commercial Cards - B2B Services team is part of Commercial Cards vertical of Data & Product Development division under Visa's Technology organization and is responsible for designing, developing and implementing Value Added Information Products and Services for Visa's Commercial Cards line of business globally. We develop, support and maintain various Commercial platforms including Commercial data processing, B2B payments, and data warehousing and BI platforms. We are looking for a Senior Java developer. This position will be based in Austin, Texas.
Primary responsibilities will include:
- Design, Code, Unit Test, document and implement new applications & as well as existing programs
- Contribute to enhancements and changes to existing B2B applications codebase
- Develop code that complies with design specifications and meets security and Java/J2EE best practices. Coding must adhere to all standards for security, be easily maintainable and have high system performance.
- Collaborate with Development & QA staff on individual and team deliverables
- Comfortable working in a loosely structured, fast-paced organization
- Create documentation and procedures for installation and maintenance
- Identify opportunities for future enhancements and refinements to standards, best practices and development methodologies
- Work closely with project team and other groups (e.g. Network, QA, Ops, Engineering)
Work as a member of a team responsible for designing, developing and maintaining Visa's Commercial line of products.
Participate in design and code review sessions as appropriate; to ensure the quality of work delivered by self and teammates are in accordance with development standards.
Interact with business units to define requirements/modifications and use case to utilize in designing appropriate solutions.
The ideal candidate will have:
- 1-2 years of experience in design and development of large scale Information products and services using Java/J2EE technologies
- Experienced in Java development using Eclipse/MyEclipse or any major Java IDE
- Demonstrated knowledge of Webservices Development using SOAP or REST, JSON and XML
Proficiency in GIT/Stash, Maven and Jenkins is required
Experience in SQL and/or PL/SQL is required
Experience in MySQL, Oracle or IBM DB2 on AIX, Unix or Linux platforms is required
Knowledge in Struts, Spring, Hibernate is preferred
Experience in IBM Websphere or Tomcat is preferred
Ability to solve complex software development/design issues
Ability to write clean, coherent code following established coding guidelines
Strong interpersonal, facilitation, and effective communication skills (both written and verbal) and the ability to present complex ideas in a clear, concise way
Experience developing as part of Agile/Scrum team is preferred
Passionate about delivering zero defect code that meet or exceed the proposed defect SLA and have high sense of accountability for quality and timeliness of one’s own deliverables and team deliverables
Ability to deliver on multiple projects and manage priorities based on changing directions
Bachelor Degree or Masters Degree in Computer Science, or related technology/engineering discipline
Past experience in Payment industry and Commercial product line is a plus
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.