Staff SW Engineer - Java (Commercial B2B Services)
- Austin, TX
Visa operates the world’s largest retail electronic payments network and is one of the most recognized global financial services brands. Visa facilitates global commerce through the transfer of value and information among financial institutions, merchants, consumers, businesses and government entities. We offer a range of branded payment product platforms, which our financial institution clients use to develop and offer credit, charge, deferred debit, prepaid and cash access programs to cardholders. Visa’s card platforms provide consumers, businesses, merchants and government entities with a secure, convenient and reliable way to pay and be paid in 170 countries and territories.
The Commercial B2B Services group is part of Commercial IT Product Solutions team in Visa’s IT organization and is responsible for designing, developing and implementing Value Added Information Products and Services for Visa’s Commercial line of business globally. We develop, support and maintain various Commercial platforms including Commercial data processing, B2B payments, and data warehousing and BI platforms. This position will be based in Austin, Texas. The successful candidate will be a Senior Java Developer.
Primary responsibilities will include:
• Design, Code, document and implement new applications & as well as existing programs
• Contribute to enhancements, and corrections to existing B2B applications codebase
• Mentor junior developers to ensure deliverables are on time, within budget, and with good code quality
• Serve as development point of contact for complex technical software development issues, problem analysis and resolution
• Business and technical analysis, design, coding, unit testing, implementation and documentation of solutions for new development, system enhancements, and production support
• Work with architects, systems analysts, project managers, QA and other developers to successfully implement business requirements while applying the latest available tools and technology
• Participate in design and code review sessions as appropriate; to ensure the quality of work delivered by teammates is in accordance with development standards
• Responsible for the architecture, design, development, implementation of online and data based applications
• Interact with business units to define requirements/modifications and use case to utilize in designing appropriate solutions
• Provide recommendation on scope and scale of effort required to develop solution.
• Coordinate design activities, testing frameworks, and other related items in addition to contributing core product code
• Develop code that complies with design specifications and meets security and Java/J2EE best practices. Coding must adhere to all standards for security, be easily maintainable and have high system performance.
• Collaborate with Development & QA staff on individual and team deliverables
• Comfortable working in a loosely structured, fast-paced organization
• Create documentation and procedures for installation and maintenance
• Build working relationships with global and virtual teams on software development
• Identify opportunities for future enhancements and refinements to standards, best practices and development methodologies
• Work closely with project team and other groups (e.g. Network, QA, Ops, Engineering)
The ideal candidate will have:
• Minimum 7 years of experience in design and development of large scale Information products and services using Java/J2EE technologies
• Proficient in Struts, Spring, Hibernate and SQL
• Experienced in Java development using Eclipse/MyEclipse or any major Java IDE
• Demonstrated knowledge of Webservices Development using SOAP or REST, JSON and XML
• Experience in Tomcat or JBOSS is required
• Proficiency in GIT/Stash, Maven and Jenkins is preferred
• Experience in MySQL, Oracle or IBM DB2 on AIX, Unix or Linux platforms is preferred
• Ability to solve complex software development/design issues
• Ability to write clean, coherent code following established coding guidelines
• Strong interpersonal, facilitation, and effective communication skills (both written and verbal) and the ability to present complex ideas in a clear, concise way
• Experience developing as part of Agile/Scrum team is preferred
• Passionate about delivering zero defect code that meet or exceed the proposed defect SLA and have high sense of accountability for quality and timeliness of one’s own deliverables and team deliverables
• Ability to deliver on multiple projects and manage priorities based on changing directions
• Bachelor Degree or Masters Degree in Computer Science, or related technology/engineering discipline
• Past experience in Payment industry and Commercial product line is a plus
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.