Senior Director, Creative, Strategy & Planning
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
This role is responsible for owning and driving the creative excellence, solidly rooted in data & insights, across all marketing and integrated communications programs across Asia Pacific.
This role brings thought leadership and best practices to the creative strategy and planning across Visa’s 17 AP offices. You will drive agency partnerships, and work with the regional cross-functional leaders [Head of Media, Head of Insights & Measurements, Head of Branding & Experiential] and Country Marketing teams. The ideal candidate will bring a unique blend of creative thinking, media platform innovation, and a keen understanding of brands to ultimately drive greater business impact.
- Actively support and influence Country Marketing teams to elevate quality of creative work and communication approach
- Dramatically increase our engagement with audiences through more powerful, cut-through creative across all business initiatives
- Manage and guide day-to-day relationships with agency partners with inspiration, thoughtfulness and mutual respect
- Push the boundaries in delivering creative data-led, multi-channel marketing & communication solutions that resonate with our target audiences and achieve desired results
- Provide strategic rigour & media/channel innovation to the planning & implementation of creative ideas
- Guide the development of an effective content marketing strategy, editorial plan and content which meet business objectives for pan-regional activities
- High quality execution of agreed marketing programs, evaluating effectiveness and efficiency of the programs to continuously optimise performance and ensure KPI's are achieved
- Communicate effectively at all levels with functional & regional leaders, demonstrating at all times a strong understanding of creative storytelling and marketing capabilities
- The role will require working in a highly collaborative manner, across internal stakeholders and external partners.
- Influence over A&P budget including contract negotiation and fee oversight with agencies
- Past/current experience in a creative/brand/design agency or marketing communications functions
- Significant experience in marketing with strong brand management skills in shaping brands to deliver greater impact
- Solid experience in delivering best-in-class creative thinking and storytelling in an omni-channel messaging environment
- Demonstrable ability to connect the dots between data, insights, marketing strategy, and business to drive creative excellence
- Understanding of content and how best to develop and roll out content strategy and calendar
Qualifications & Skills
- 15+ years in a creative/brand/design agency or marcom role working with regional clients
- People leader with experience working across geographies and culture
- Proven understanding of digital platforms and channel strategies
- International marketing experience essential
- Strategic and innovative thinker with commercial acumen also capable of strong execution
- Strong communication, interpersonal and collaboration skills
- Able to work in matrix organizations and comfortable with ambiguity
- Strong self-management skills including demonstrable drive and energy
- Proactive thinking and desire to take risks to test and learn
- Education: Bachelors’ or business/marketing or related field with marketing foundation
- Communicate openly, honestly and respectfully – ensuring opinions are heard
- Actively promote an environment of inclusion and diversity of thought
- Build consensus and influence a broad set of constituencies