Business Development Leader
- Karachi, Sindh, pk
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa's sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
The purpose of this role is to manage all aspects of the relationship between Visa and its Key clients. This role focusses on business growth and client satisfaction. Reporting to the Country Manager Pakistan, the candidate will manage the setting, direction and implementation of country & client strategies, objectives and plans in order to achieve business targets. This will be achieved by growing the existing business and through identifying new business opportunities including the introduction and implementation of new products and services with a special focus on emerging technologies.
- Contribute to the development of Pakistan's business development strategy.
- Identify P&L opportunities for the client
- Ensure the development of individual designated clients' operational plans, with corresponding tactics and actions to achieve defined goals.
- Ensure that the necessary Marketing plans are in place with sufficient lead time and have justification for the required spend.
- Monitor the development of the banking and financial services industry across the region, analyse trends and understand factors impacting current and potential business results of Visa.
- Monitor, analyse and develop/respond to competitors strategies.
Business Development & Relationship Management
- Establish, develop and manage the relationship between Visa and designated clients’, industry stakeholders such as Central Banks, Governments, key technology partners Bankers Association and Media.
- Establish, develop and manage relationships in-country with Vendors, Processors and Domestic Switches.
- Responsible for increasing payment volume, increase client satisfaction ratings and developing new business with the focus to achieve country revenue targets.
- Identify new business development opportunities and take accountability for securing them.
- Focus on achieving business targets through growing existing business and developing new business opportunities. Monitor business results of designated clients and anticipate challenges and take proactive measures to accomplish targets.
- Ensure effective communication of progress to targets both within Visa and with Clients.
- Develop, maintain and cultivate close relationships with client senior management, partner companies, Central banks and national banking associations. Understand their business strategies, priorities, needs and business processes, present to them strategic ideas and share Visa's views on industry developments and dynamics and advise them how Visa products can impact their results.
- Represent Visa to the clients by providing a point of contact to them, with permanent high quality support on the Visa organisation, products, systems and policies.
- Client consulting relating to business development, operations, IT, marketing and compliance
- Develop business development strategies and mapping strategies or product opportunities into individual member plans.
- Manage client’s financial performance and ensure alignment with regional budgets
- Ensure high level of Client Satisfaction and Client Engagement Survey Scores.
- Monitor business results of designated clients and anticipate challenges and take proactive measures to accomplish targets.
Decision Making & Complexity
- Influences sales and related activities policy within the immediate area (e.g. region, client group);
Able to operate with limited guidance in complex environments;
- Responsible for account planning and submission of product propositions to Clients for consideration;
- Recommend strategy for securing individual Client commercial agreements;
- Develop individual business case justification for investment decisions and propose to Regional Management for approval.
- Participate in local executive, marketing and operations committee meetings and provide interface between Visa and Clients.
- Manage ongoing level of Client support and manage internal and external visits by Visa staff and alliance partners with key Client personnel
- The candidate will be required interact effectively with various levels of staff and management within Visa
- Strong interpersonal skills are required to address on-going needs of a complex, matrix organisation.
- Exceptional negotiation skills leading to timely, profitable resolutions
- Client sales, relationship and management skills
- Solid interpersonal skills and working with cross functional teams
- Exceptional communications skills
- Leadership skills
- Development and preparation of executive level briefs
- Self-directed and motivated
- Able to work with little management oversight
- Strategic management and creative thinking
- Analytical in thought processes
- Issues management
- Project Management
- Proficient in communication & Presentation skills
- Organisational skills
- Fluency in English and superior verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent project management and budgeting skills
- Strong experience in the Banking/Financial Services sector; card payment experience is a must
- International electronic payment scheme experience
- Sales experience and proven negotiation skills
- Knowledge and understanding of banking operations and/ or payment schemes, including products & services, business systems and processes
- Ability to identify key strategic issues and to generate and deliver creative and innovative solutions to problems and opportunities
- Commercial orientation, interpersonally credible, influential in their dealings and sensitive to a multicultural environment
- Ability to manage varied indirect reporting relationships at all levels of the Visa and member organization
- Strong communication, interpersonal and collaboration skills are needed to work with, influence direction
- Strong self-management skills including demonstrable drive and energy
Multicultural sensitivity and interpersonal relationship management, including the ability to work effectively within International, between regions and with Worldwide Services staff
- Candidate must have the ability to travel