Staff Software Engineer (REF9762V) - Visa Digital Developer Platform (VDDP)
- Austin, TX, USA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
Visa's Digital & Developer Platform (DDP) team is looking for a Staff Software Engineer focused on building a unified business to consumer authentication and authorization platform for Visa's digital products. The candidate must be able to collaborate and communicate effectively with architects, engineers and product owners cross functional teams. Solid computer science foundation and Java programming experience is required. In this position, you are first and foremost a passionate and talented developer that can work in a dynamic environment as a member of Agile Scrum teams. Your strong technical skills, problem solving abilities, coding, testing and debugging skills is just a start. You must be dedicated to filling product backlog and delivering production-ready code in three to five week sprints. You must be willing to go beyond the routine and prepared to do a little bit of everything. This position is based in Austin, TX, and will report to the Director of Software Engineering.
- Master degree in Computer Science/Computer Engineering or other related fields
- Strong foundation in computer science, with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms, OOD, design patterns
- Mastery in Java programming language
- Strong dedication to test automation and clean coding styles.
- Solid understanding and experience of Spring framework, Maven, and database technologies.
- Experience building authentication and authorization related software product. Familiar with industry framework OAUTH 2, JWT, JWE, JWS, PKI.
- Proven problem solving skills and an ability to respond resourcefully to new demands, priorities and challenges. Strong interpersonal and facilitation skills along with effective communication skills
- Ability to convey technical concepts related to network, application, security and systems - to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Ability and desire to learn new skills and take on new initiatives
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines