Senior Director, Digital and Developer Platform (REF9491R) - Visa Digital Developer Platform (VDDP)
- Foster City, CA, USA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity.
Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payment company in Silicon Valley, technology is at the heart of what we do. Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks; our Advanced Authorization engine scores every authorization
VisNet processes with machine learning models for issuers to stop frauds in real-time. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
Digital & Mobile Products at Visa is looking for a passionate senior leader to advance Visa’s Digital Commerce Program. This Individual will be leading a talented full stack Engineering team, applying your expertise to formulate solutions for difficult problems to implement and scale our Digitization strategy.
Reporting to the VP, Engineering, the Senior Director will be accountable for engineering functions of Secure Remote Commerce and will be responsible all functions of Engineering including Development and Test. S/he will closely work with teams in other locations for developing and executing projects and programs within a shared strategic vision for a mission-critical high-volume low-latency platform that enables Visa Payments.
- Be accountable for implementing highly scalable, low-latency, high-throughput systems that have five 9 availability.
- Attract, hire, and retain top payment talent. Motivate and mentor staff, hire critical talent and develop autonomous portfolio.
- Create an outstanding engineering culture of creativity and innovation embodying whatever it takes attitude with ownership and pride in work.
- Develop strong pipeline of mature, dynamic, fully accountable leaders.
- Work collaboratively across team boundaries to share common infrastructure and functional capabilities. Drive productivity through engineering fundamentals, framework and best practices.
- Consult on a regular basis with leadership to align expectations and deliverables. Be aggressive and leverage resources to the fullest to work on multiple parallel initiatives and solutions.
- Extensive cross-organization collaboration playing a crucial role in interfacing with various technology teams and business stakeholders to identify requirements, prioritize, and drive execution using agile methodologies. Provide feedback to core product teams to influence roadmap and strategy.
- Prior experience must include leadership for mission-critical system applications supporting high transaction systems.
- Must have demonstrated experience in building systems software preferably in domains that require high through-put and low-latency.
- Must be high impact executive with a technology background and the ability to engage in strategic and tactical conversations with executives.
- Team player and passionate for building a culture of innovation and flawless execution.
- Must have demonstrated success in onshore-offshore organizational transformations along dimensions such as deep partnerships and agile collaboration with business, fostering a culture that encourages innovation and an enterprise agile product development process across borders.
- Demonstrated ability to lead, recruit, grow and retain high-caliber talent at scale. Experienced organizing, running, supporting, and growing large technology organization.
- Professional experience in ideation and incubation, which has led to shipping and supporting products in Production.
- Must demonstrate longer-term strategic thinking and staying ahead of state-of-the-art curve in order to keep abreast with what’s possible technically, operationally and professionally.
- Capable of forming and advocating independent viewpoint. Demonstrate strong skills influencing, negotiating and communicating.
15+ year track record of relevant work experience and a Computer Science or related technical discipline is required. Master’s degree is a plus.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.