Staff Compliance Software Engineer (REF7577S) - Visa Digital Developer Platform (VDDP)
- Austin, TX, USA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
Visa Checkout has an opportunity for a lead front end developer to join us as a technical director for our next generation product architecture and design. Mentor and help us continue to build a strong team of approximately ten developers on our Austin Campus. You will report to the Director of Checkout Apps and have a strong voice in everything we achieve as a team.
- Focus on A11y WCAG 2.0 AA, Security and GDPR compliance for Checkout Apps
- Strong understanding of React library best practices and conventions. Comfort with JSX is preferred
- Strong understanding of semantic HTML web markup & CSS
- Experience with asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and REST APIs with AJAX
- Proficient knowledge of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around such issues
- Familiarity with front-end build/publish tools, such as Grunt/Gulp.js, webpack, browserify.js
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Excellent understanding of browser rendering behavior and performance
- Be willing to help your team mates, share your knowledge with them, and learn from them
- B.S/M.S in Computer Science or related field
- Motivated, organized and committed to continuous improvement and learning
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.