Payment Intelligence and Cybercrime Analyst
- Austin, TX, USA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
This position will support the Attack Intelligence capability within Payment Systems Intelligence, and help drive several of Visa’s most important and high-visibility fraud deterrence projects within Global Risk’s Payment Fraud Disruption (PFD) team (Merchant Terminal ID, Card Attack Tool, and Vital Signs Automation). This fast-paced team of technology experts identifies, investigates, disrupts and prevents attacks targeting the global payment ecosystem. Key measures of success for this position include the ability to develop and automate key Attack Intelligence capabilities which lead to the measurable decrease of cybercrime and fraud attacks impacting Visa clients, the development of advanced metrics evaluating performance of timely and regular reporting of fraud trends, rapid response, analysis, triage and mitigation of external data compromise events. The primary responsibilities for this role will include:
· Lead the design and production deployment of new and advanced techniques to recognize and prevent cybercrime – to include brute force testing, point-of-sale (card present/card not present) terminal fraud and testing, and ATM cashouts
· Serve as a Global Risk Subject Matter expert on various Visa fraud alerting platforms
· Provide data analysis and response to alerts relative to significant fraud events
- Assist Fraud and Breach Investigations team with data analytics, relative to external compromise events and investigate case work
- Continuously question and consider new techniques to stay ahead of organized cyber criminals and fraudsters
- Develop metrics and total fraud statistics surrounding cybercrime case reports and investigations.
- Assist in the coordinated compilation and delivery of fraud reporting, briefings and other related communication products to Visa management
- Compile reporting on internal incident response measures of success
- Identify new fraud and cybercrime threats to the payments ecosystem and communicate them to relevant stakeholders.
- Provide intelligence and technical analysis support to the Global Risk organization to further protect the payment ecosystem.
- Conduct all-source analysis of cybercrime and fraud tools, methods, and attacks in order to communicated these threats to internal Visa partners and external clients
Other duties as assigned.
- Moderate understanding of networks, risk management, network security, digital forensics, and security operations
- Ability to conduct complex analytical functions by performing fraud assessments and analyzing criminal methods
- Knowledge of transactions, systems processing transactions and overall transaction process.
- Adaptable and able to work well in a fast paced, team oriented environment
- 5 years’ experience in payment card or information security industry, investigating payment card, cybercrime fraud / red team testing or Bachelor’s degree in strong technical area with some real-word experience (e.g., internship)
- Prior experience with data analytics, visualization tools and concepts
- Proficiency with drafting detailed, technical reports
· Ability to respond after-hours, weekends and holidays to major fraud events
- Passion for fraud schemes and cybercrime investigations
· Good interpersonal, facilitation, and demonstrated emerging leadership skills
· Understanding of payments process and cybercrime and fraud techniques
· Able to operate at an advanced level of written and spoken communication; write and speak effectively with impact
· Capable of delivering presentations and comfortably interacting with all levels of Visa and client management
· Previous experience in developing and producing reports to executive management
· Ability to prepare reports on meaningful trends and fraud stats
· High level of self-motivation and initiative
· Bachelor’s degree in relevant subject area required
- Direct experience with VisaNet, ISO 8583, transaction routing, VCMS, Base I and Base II platforms
- Concepts, terms, processes, policy and implementation of information security
- Intelligence databases and analytical tools or similar intelligence reporting systems
- Analysis of cyber threat intelligence and fraud intelligence.
- CISSP, CHFI, CEH, GIAC certifications
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.