Senior Analytics Architect
- Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
We dream of a future where it's easy to pay and be paid. Across the planet. Where ever, whenever. Securely. Easily. Together, we are building leading edge self serve analytical management solutions with expertise for solving complex problems and taking a broader prespective to identify innovative solutions.
We are looking for a talented Staff Software Engineer to join our team!
As a Senior Analytics Architect in Client Data Products team you will help lead, design, enhance and build our services for Customers in an agile development environment. You will be working with colleagues, who will help, support and challenge you every day. Unit testing, code reviewing, and regular check-ins for continuous integration is just part of your DNA. You will see the code written going to production in few days and used by huge customer base including Apple, Facebook, Nike , Emirates… If this sounds exciting, we would love to chat and tell you more about our work culture and environment
Are you skilled at turning hard numbers into compelling stories and useful strategic insights? Do you solve complex data challenges with creative flair? Put those skills to work answering strategic questions for one of the world's most respected and innovative payments companies.
The Client Data Products group works with internal business teams, our key Visa stakeholders, and merchant clients to drive value from Visa's unique global data assets. The team is a key part of decision management engine at Visa, a high-performing team of data scientists, data analysts, statisticians, and business analysts from a variety of countries – serving major merchants globally. Analytics is looking for a hands-on person that earns trust and respect of the team. The person must be results oriented, highly organized, and must be focused on delivering innovative analytics work
Most important qualities for the candidate are:
Academics: Bachelor or Master's degree in Computer Science or related field
Leadership: leading solutions and working with teams to achieve it.
Curiosity: A desire to seek clarity of requirements and why tasks are done a certain way
Creativity: The ability to take a list of needs and insights and come up with other innovative ideas.
Strategic focus: Skill to understand big picture and stay focused on task to achieve goals
Attention to detail: The capability to perform any research systematically and accurately
Strong work ethic: The innate drive to do work extremely well
Enthusiasm: A passion to understand people and deliver better products and services to them
We seek experienced, pro-active, high-achieving professionals to bring innovative ideas and solutions to work every day. Specific responsibilities are:
- Lead a team of big data engineers and analysts within Visa, including project oversight, coaching and professional development
- Manage multiple projects at a time from conception to completion with the help of junior team members
- Work with internal/external clients to understand their strategic business questions and lead project scoping/design to answer those questions by leveraging Visa’s data
- Manage relationships with internal business teams and merchant clients as appropriate
- Lead other tasks on R&D, data governance, system infrastructure, analytics tool evaluation, and other cross team functions, on an as-needed basis
- Ability to inspire highest level of quality/rigor/thought leadership in reports & data analysis
Analytic & Thought Leadership
- Develop creative use of data/new analysis and improve existing analyses based on market trends, client needs and latest analytic techniques
- Provide thought leadership in analytic techniques and business applications to unlock the value of Visa’s unique data set
- Guide team in development of actionable solutions and creation of deliverables that effectively communicate the findings and recommendations
- Research industry metrics and business context and bring this context to bear in analyses
- Find opportunities to create and automate repeatable analyses or build self-service tools for business users
- Minimum of 7+ years of analytical experience in applying solutions to business problems in relevant fields such as analytics, business consulting, or other data-driven functions
- 3+ years of analytics experience in credit cards, financial services, or merchant analytics (such as retail, hotels or airlines).
- Analytics experience in travel, retail, hotel industry strongly preferred. Analytics experience serving various industries a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in quantitative/relevant field such as Statistics, Operational Research, Computer Science, Economics, Business Administration, etc.
- Understanding of cobrand relationships
- Proven thought leader, including listed inventor on multiple filed patents or trade secrets
Business Skills and General Qualities
- Strong strategic thinker is required. Consulting experience or experience in high pressure environment strongly preferred
- Extensive experience applying analytics and creating innovative solutions to solve business problems
- Extensive experience in presenting ideas and analysis to various audience levels
- Good business acumen to orient data analysis to business needs of clients
- Articulate communicator able to translate data and technical concepts for a business audience
- Project management skills
- Demonstrated intellectual and analytical rigor, strong attention to detail
- Team oriented, energetic, collaborative, diplomatic, and flexible style
- Intellectually curious and continuously striving to learn
- Detailed oriented, is expected to ensure highest level of quality/rigor in reports & data analysis
- High level of competence in Excel, PowerPoint, and data visualization/business intelligence tools like Tableau/Microstrategy
- Proficiency and real-world experience in analytics tools and platforms including Hive/SQL, Impala, SAS, Python, NumPy, Hadoop, Spark
- Proficiency in using query languages such as SQL, Hive, Pig
- Experience with NoSQL databases, such as MongoDB, Cassandra, HBase
- Real world experience using Hadoop and the related query engines (Hive / Impala)
- Familiarity or experience with data mining and statistical modeling (e.g., regression modeling, clustering techniques, decision trees, etc.) is very helpful
- Work effectively in fast-paced, team-oriented, rapidly changing environment
- Good scripting and programming skills