Senior Software Engineer
- Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will be part of our Enterprise Risk Solutions team to help design, enhance and build our transactional Fraud detection engine using the latest technologies in AI and Machine Learning in an agile development environment. You will work with colleagues, who will support and challenge you daily. .
Additionally, your responsibilities will include idea generation, architecture and design, development, and testing of systems, products, applications, and services that provide VISA clients with solutions to detect, prevent, and mitigate fraud for VISA and VISA client payment systems. Some of the key attributes of the platform includes use of REST services API and Container based services that are highly functional, distributed, secure, scalable and resilient, low-latency using technology based on open standards. If you want to be in the exciting payment space, learn fast and make big impacts, VISA Fraud Platform group is an ideal place for you!
The successful candidate will be responsible for solving complex problems and taking a broad perspective to identify innovative solutions. The candidate will serve as a technical specialist and work independently with guidance only in the most complex situations. The candidate must have demonstrated history of designing and building systems with low-latency. They must also have a demonstrated history of thinking creatively, with a solution oriented, can-do, mindset.
If this sounds exciting, we want to chat and tell you more about our work culture and environment and see if this will be a good fit.
- Help our customers achieve their real goals by understanding their requirements and how they respond to their business needs.
- Build partnerships with product management to make sure that the products we are building deliver real value.
- Use technologies that include Java/C++, REST, NoSQL, Docker and more.
- Analyze business requirements and architect a solution that is robust and scalable along with providing technical documentation of solution.
- The work and academic experience that will demonstrate proficiency and ease with programming languages, code quality initiatives, scripting languages and operating systems.
- Leverage new technologies to build the next generation of Risk Services.-You’ll lead efforts to architect, design and implement various components of our global transaction processing systems.
- Your DNA would include following and creating software best practices and processes.
- Coach and mentor your team members and help them grow professionally.
- Lead meetings and discussions with cross-functional and non-technical teams.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and above all, you are a team player!
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related field and 5+ years of Software Development Experience or a Masters with 3+ years of Software Development Experience.
- Exposure to leading edge areas such as AI and Machine Learning that lead to deeper customer insights.
- Java expert with experience in REST APIs, JSON and exposure to container based technologies.
- Strong experience with Agile development incorporating Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery, utilizing technologies such as GIT, Maven, Jenkins, Chef, Sonar, JUnit, PowerMock
- Ensure proper metrics instrumentation in software components, to help facilitate real time and remote troubleshooting/performance monitoring.
- Understand and own component security analysis, including code and data flow review. Collaborate with security team to implement and verify secure coding techniques.
- Proven experience as a technical leader with ability to understand the requirements and independently, architect, design and build the solutions
- Passion to work with people and help mentor your juniors to reach new heights.
- As an end-end champion for your products, you will have strong debugging and Unix skills to help support our Operations teams.
- A background in the fraud detection domain is a plus.
- Knowledge of functional programming is a plus.
- Passion for Big Data and analytics in general leveraging technologies like Hadoop, Spark, MapReduce
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.