Staff SW Engineer
- Bengaluru, India
We dream of a future where it's easy to pay and be paid. Across the planet. Where ever, whenever. Securely. Easily. Together, we are building leading edge self serve analytical management solutions with expertise for solving complex problems and taking a broader prespective to identify innovative solutions.
We are looking for a talented Staff Software Engineer to join our team!
The Risk and Authentication domain group is responsible for the design, development, and testing of applications that provide Visa clients with solutions to detect, prevent, and mitigate fraud for Visa and Visa client payment systems.
This position is for a Staff Software Engineer on the Risk and Authentication team who will focus on creating new functionality while maturing our code base and development processes. You will be an integral part of the development team, sometimes investigating new requirements and design and sometimes refactoring existing functionality for performance and maintainability, but always working on ways to make us more efficient and provide better solutions to our end customers. The role is for a self-organized individual with knowledge of web application and web service development. The candidate will perform hands-on activities including design, documentation, development and test of new functionality. Candidate must be flexible and
willing to switch tasks based on team’s needs.
Work with Architects and senior engineers to identify appropriate technologies
Work with senior engineers to design new functionality or refactor existing functionality
Work with minimal guidance to implement new functionality, automated tests, and refactor code.
Work across the team to ensure the team is predictable, productive, and delivering high quality.
Work with other engineering teams to facilitate a common approach to continuous integration that includes build automation, test automation, and deployment automation.
Review requirement documentation to ensure technical accuracy, compliance or completeness or to mitigate risks.
Participate in design reviews to provide input on functional requirements, product designs, schedules, or potential problems.
Participate in code reviews with team members and third party vendors.
Support trouble shooting issues in both the test and production environments
Respond to and solve defects in a timely manner consistent with the business need
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering or relevant field required.
- Experience in developing solutions utilizing web services standards and related technologies (XML, SOAP, etc.)
- Experience in big data related technologies like Hadoop/hive/MapReduce/Pig is desirable
- Experience with source control, build and deployment tools such as Subversion, Maven, Hudson, Git and Chef desirable
- Experience with middleware –both Web and Application servers such as Apache/Tomcat/tcServer.
- Experience with writing unit tests, integration tests and automation tools.
- Knowledge of SQL and experience with database client tools with databases like Oracle and SQL.
- Strong analytical skills with good problem solving ability desired.
- Strong interpersonal, facilitation, and leadership skills along with effective communication (both written and verbal) skills and the ability to present complex ideas in a clear, concise way.
- Ability to work in a complex organization to determine business and customer needs, providing the best solution to meet those needs
Candidate must be able to proficiently multi-task and be able to work independently or in a team environment