Staff SW Engineer - Billing and Incentives Team (ORMB)
- Austin, TX, USA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
The candidate will play a pivotal role in the Billing and Incentives team to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of the Finance business functions. In this mission critical role, the candidate will design, develop and test solutions, and will be responsible for getting them into production with very high quality, following an agile methodology. The ideal candidate will bring experience in gathering and clarifying requirements, functional and technical configurations, system and data analysis. The candidate will lead smaller teams on delivering technical/functional initiatives that includes gathering requirements, sizing the effort, designing, coding and testing the deliverables.
- Develop solutions for revenue systems including pricing, rating, billing, accounts receivable and revenue reporting functions. Responsibilities include the creation of conceptual approach, technical analysis, design, delivery, unit testing and support activities.
- Work closely with PMO to drive and/or facilitate development requirements, specifications, and use cases for assigned projects.
- Engage business partner to deliver projects and support systems. Lead collaboration activities with business partners on requirements elaboration, workflow design, configuration, and
- Manage and collaborate with vendors on delivery of solutions. Work with delivery partners to review and finalize technical specifications, code review, version management, and implementation related activities.
- Collaborate with business partners on user acceptance testing.
- Work with limited direction, usually within a complex environment, to drive delivery of solutions and meet service levels
- Collaborate across global businesses and technology organizations, providing sound business analysis, process, and change leadership
- Play leadership role in delivering on technical/functional initiatives.
- Mentor junior developers in following best practices.
- Experience in mid-to-large size companies (2000+ employees).
- 6 years or more of relevant experience in application development (e.g., software development/engineering delivery, development and implementation, delivery and design)
- Hands on experience in developing multi-threaded and scalable batch processes.
- Experience in building complex database queries and procedures.
- Prior experience in building or implementing Oracle Revenue Management and Billing (ORMB) OR other Oracle Utilities Application framework based products will be a plus.
- Ability to design and build complex algorithms
- Ability to quickly master an elaborate Java based framework and build application components on it.
- Experience in evaluating business requirements and turning them into technical designs.
- Ability to work with teams in multiple geographical locations and time zones.
- Experience with analytic techniques including process modeling, requirements elaboration, data modeling, use case and user interface prototyping
- Business knowledge in the areas of financial management including planning, analysis, billing, and incentives is a plus
- Strong conceptual and analytic skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with a broad group of stakeholders
- Bachelor's degree in a Computer Science and Engineering discipline; Master Degree preferred
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.