Consulting Analyst - North America (Location Flexible)
- Foster City, CA, USA
The Visa Consulting and Analytics team (formerly Visa Performance Solutions) is focused on improving our clients' profitability and performance through deep specialization in product, marketing, tailored consulting, automated solutions and unique insights leveraging Visa payment processing data that support the growth and performance of a clients' business.
Our team assists Visa’s clients (i.e. Issuers) in solving their most strategic questions around growing their payments businesses. This team drives tangible and impactful financial results for Visa clients by identifying opportunities and using industry expertise and Visa's data and technology capabilities to develop and change client strategies.
We are currently looking for an Analyst to support the team on strategic consulting engagements. The ideal candidate is a highly analytical individual with previous consulting experience (payments experience a plus).
Typical projects may include:
- How does an issuer expand or increase market share in consumer credit cards?
- How should a credit card issuer use digital and emerging technology to acquire and retain the best customers?
- How does an issuer expand their credit card portfolio while mitigating credit risk?
- How does an issuer optimize their product offering?
- Play an integral role on a team of experienced professionals in delivering strategic consulting services to key Visa clients
- Complete consulting engagements with other team members, including participating in interviews, analyzing confidential client data, and summarizing key findings
- Conduct industry research and identify internal and external data resources to create custom analytics
- Complete detailed analysis on client data and identify preliminary trends and themes in the data
- Develop client-specific presentations which address executive needs and deliver presentations to clients and internal Visa partners
We are looking for bright and enthusiastic people to bring innovative ideas to our consulting practice:
- Previous consulting experience preferred
- Excellent communication, story-telling and presentation skills
- Exceptional analytical skills, with the ability to process and summarize large amounts of data into key strategic insights
- Strong team player with a willingness to collaborate across levels and functional experts - Strong multi-tasking skills and ability to adapt
- Proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint
- An interest in learning advanced analytics tools (SAS, R, Tableau, etc.)
- An interest in payments, financial institutions or consumer lending a plus
- An affinity for payments technology, FinTech and digital
- Ability to travel (up to 25%)
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Potential job locations includes New York, NY, Wilmington, DE, Ashburn, VA, or the Bay Area.