Manager, Taiwan Debit and Pre-Paid Products
- Taipei, Taiwan
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
The Products organization drives consumer product and commercial product innovation and development for Visa in Taiwan. The group identifies, prioritizes and builds alliances and solutions for new products, platforms and market segment penetration. The team focuses on product/service strategy, market development, product innovation and development, product deployment, enhancements management and strategic alliances.
The Debit and Pre-Paid Product Manager plans, implements consumer Debit, and pre-paid product development, benefit platform customization, selling channel optimization and deal value-in-kind programs for clients in Taiwan. The role collaborates with financial institutions’ card functions to develop/co-create new products through HCD, enhances and customizes product features for clients and their channels, manages vendor and merchant partner relationships, and works with cross functions in market and regional hub office to support country meet its set goals and targets.
• Responsible for overall Taiwan Debit and Pre-Paid Product portfolio strategy and Annual Operating Plan, inclusive of budgeting, goal setting, forecasting, and client/partner relationship level strategies
• Support clients and strategic partners develop new products and enhance existing products via client Discovery and Co-creation workshops, including continuous enhancement of CVP.
• Enhance value proposition of Visa Debit and Pre-paid products in the Taiwan market through product platform customizations, attractive merchant offer partnerships, acquisition channel optimization, and consumer experience enrichment using Visa’s digital assets/capabilities
• Track cardholder utilization and business results of Visa debit and pre-paid products/programs by using Visa data analytics tools, and provide reports on a regular basis
• Plan, design and develop spend based value-proposition using API to connect Visa with merchants. Deploy customized benefits which ties to the spend requirement on overseas to increase cross-border spends.
• Identify market research requirements and execute in conjunction with Marketing, Visa Consulting & Analytics and regional Product team to align market’s Product strategy and client engagement
• Collaborate with various Visa internal stakeholders including Country Management, Business Development, Merchant Sales Solutions, Hub Products, Consulting & Analytics, Marketing, Corporate Communications, Operations, Sourcing, Compliance, Legal and Finance to deliver and achieve country goals and targets
• Works closely with Marketing to develop marketing promotional events and front line staff training materials to ensure alignment of product CVP and Visa brand campaigns in market
• Reports to Head of Products in Taiwan
• Minimum of 8 years of progressive experience in the payments, products or financial services industry
• Deep understanding & exposure to payments technology, e/m commerce, with relevant business development and delivery experience
• Excellent project management skills and ability to multitask
• Ability to work within a complex and often-ambiguous environment, to drive initiatives and implement solutions in a dynamic setting
• Self-starter and result-orientated, solid business acumen, and strong communication skills
• Strong leadership qualities and a team player: collaborative, personal and exemplary
• Client-facing experience, with strong negotiation/presentation skills and able to influence
• Fluent in English and Chinese (both spoken and written)
• Bachelor’s degree, advanced degree is preferred
This position is located in Taipei. Travel is expected 10% of time.