Senior Systems Analyst (Linux/UNIX)
- Austin, TX, USA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do. CyberSource, a Visa company, has been and continues to be a pioneer within the e-Commerce Payment Management world. Our VisaNet network is capable of handling over 65,000 transaction messages per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
CyberSource, a Visa company, is a global leader in eCommerce payment management. CyberSource was one of the world's first payment gateways, connecting online merchants to payment networks, including Visa. Today, CyberSource offers a full-service payment management platform for eCommerce merchants, combining global payment processing, fraud management and payment security systems.
CyberSource is looking for a bright, passionate and dedicated employee to join our Operations 2nd Level Applications team. In this role you will be responsible for supporting our production transaction processing systems. These systems are truly the backbone of our business and process millions of transactions daily for some of the most prestigious companies in the US.
Specific Responsibilities will include:
- Initial escalation point for Service Desk Tier 1 for application issues
- Perform routine application maintenance including host file updates, log rotation, shell scripting for common tasks
- Contribute information to project plans and meet stated deadlines
- Compose clear documentation and reports as well as prepare Power Point slides and give informational presentations
- Maintain and update 3rd party applications (jboss, tomcat, WAS, apache)
- Monitor application performance (e.g. memory, logging, latency)
- Perform weekly code deployment to the Production environment
- Implement and maintain Performance monitoring dashboards using industry standard tools (Splunk, Thousand Eyes, Graphite etc..)
- Problem Management for Applications
- Code release into CAS (test) and PROD working with Product Development using industry standard tools
- Support application deployment for new and existing services or features working with different groups like Product Development and Engineering
- Support Customer Support on merchant escalated issues specific to applications. (e.g. increase latency)
- 5 + years experience working in Linux/UNIX environment
- Extensive Shell scripting and html knowledge
- Deep rooted understanding of Linux Systems, Databases and Network concepts
- Understanding of the software development life-cycle
- Strong written and communication skills
- Experience with Enterprise monitoring/dashboard creation
- Strong work ethic, self-starter, ability to work in fast-paced, team-oriented environment
- Self-motivated and goal driven to run with individual projects to meet business needs
- Strong technical aptitude and a desire to learn is a must
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related discipline preferred or equivalent work experience.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.