Voice, Video and AV Technologies Support Analyst
- Foster City, CA, USA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
Visa Corporate IT (CIT) group has embarked on a major transformation journey. We are transforming ourselves into a true engineering organization where we put customer experience and end user support first. As part of this strategy, we are consolidating several of our Operational functions into a single area focused on providing world-class operational support to our End users. This change is geared towards rethinking how we provide Operational support for the services we are responsible for. As a member or the End User Systems Support team, UC technologies support analyst position is responsible for ensuring our end users receive the best AV, Voice and Video experience possible. The successful candidate will work with a dynamic and evolving global team that is driving the charge to ensure that Visa is not only the best way to pay but also the best place to work with state of the art end user systems and solutions.
Reporting to the Director of Unified Communication Operations, this role will support our Foster City, Palo Alto and San Francisco- California offices. This role is to provide operational support to our Voice technologies, Visa TV, video conferencing and AV platform primarily. The successful candidate will work with our existing Qumu, Cisco based telephony network, our Cisco Telepresence Video solution and our emerging Unified Communication solutions for integrated voice, video and instant messaging (Skype for Business). Given the desire to hire fungible resources who can provide more than base level operational support for VOIP and other voice\video solutions, the candidate will need to have exposure to various other technologies, including PC's, AV equipment, etc. The candidate will collaborate with engineering and development teams to ensure that the end user experience is exceptional. Eliminating repeat incidents and avoidable issues, while ensuring 100% uptime. Although this is a frontline support position, the desire is to evolve these resources to be able to provide engineering input, strategic guidance, etc.
Associate degree in CS/IT or equivalent experience.
1-2 years in a technical customer-facing role
A/V live production experience including or similar to:
Live switching/routing of audio, video or content for a produced event
Perl, Crestron, BiAmp
Able to identify issues with audio induction loops
Understand video resolutions formats and aspect ratios
1-2 years hands-on experience providing “white-glove” support for high-profile multipoint video meetings using meeting management tools from Cisco, Polycom, Bluejeans, and other video technologies.
Extensive troubleshooting and problem solving skills with a strong sense of customer commitment
Demonstrated ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks
Demonstrated ability to make methodical, logical decisions in high-pressure environments
Experience with Content Management tools, video CMS experience is a plus
Ability to perform end-to-end troubleshooting for AV, voice, video and UC systems.
Basic understanding of how content distribution networks work and why they’re necessary
Post-production experience with Adobe Premier and/or similar video editing software.
- Provide Day to day operational global support for trouble reports; adds/moves/change for voice and video conferencing.
- Provide 1st and 2nd level support through online ticket system; escalate issues for resolution as appropriate.
- Perform all operational aspects of voice, video and UC support Including, but not limited to, assigning phones, assisting with meeting scheduling, etc.
- Communicate and liaise with all other Company departments; notify appropriate parties immediately of any issues which may affect efficient operations including, but not limited to, outages, service disruptions, and repeated customer complaints.
- As needed, assist with resolving workstation support related issues impacting VOIP\UC and video services
- Minimum 3-5 years' work experience with mid-size VOIP systems (Cisco) enterprise, in room Video and Telepresence enterprise, Skype for Business, with focus in the areas listed below:
- Tier 1-2 on Cisco Call Manager and Unity with experience in configurations and performing MAC
- Lync\Skype for Business
- Familiarity on LAN/WAN topologies, protocols, cabling and troubleshooting
- Familiar with QoS standards and policies
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Visio for system diagrams
- Familiar with WebEx and Jabber Mobil clients
- The ability to communicate effectively while working with internal and external customers
- Ability to Multi-task
- The ability to work with minimum supervision and be self-motivated is required
- The ability to work in a team environment
- Interface with customers to gather appropriate details for communications designs
- Participate in on-call rotation, some evening and weekends
- Assist internal customers in a professional and service driven manner
- Assist other members of team to complete assignments to meet goals and objectives
- Perform related duties, as needed
- Proven troubleshooting capabilities and thought processes
- Good oral and written communication skills, good investigative and customer service skills
- Flexible with processes and the opportunity to create new processes
- Friendly attitude and excellent interpersonal skills
- Superior work ethic
- Willingness to learn new technologies and processes
- Multilingual resources (e.g. Spanish or Portuguese) preferred
- College degree in relevant field preferred, but not required.
- CCNA Collaboration experience
- Strong Voice\Video\Telecommunication skills are mandatory, with exposure\experience with PC\Workstation as a secondary skillset
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.