- Austin, TX
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
The Director of Treasury Systems Test Engineering will lead the team responsible for test tool development, application testing, resource planning and management of test resources for Network Processing Clearing and Settlement Systems area. The role requires a firm understanding of existing software development and test processes, test automation and performance tools in an open systems environment. The ideal candidate will be a dynamic leader, excellent communicator, have demonstrable expertise in test engineering, development and above all be customer and team focused. The candidate will manage and supervise assigned technical staff; work closely with peers in the development and test engineering teams within Network Processing as well as senior management and other groups across the organization.
- Provide guidance to engineers on their daily tasks including hands-on coding/testing as needed
- Develop team by motivating, mentoring and assisting in hiring critical talent
- Ensure adherence to coding standards including code reviews, use of Git for code repository and leveraging Artifactory for application builds
- Work with manager and peers to execute test automation strategy for Treasury Systems
- Collaborate with development teams to improve development and test processes
- Ensure proper test artifacts are created and published to internal Wiki and project SharePoint
- Develop a resource plan in support of key Treasury Systems projects
- Contribute to code and load quality initiatives
- 10+ years of relevant work experience
- Experience managing a large team of software and test engineers in a Windows/Linux based environment using C++, Java and open source technologies
- Passion for high quality software engineering
- Solid understanding of software development methodology practices, and test automation tools for UI and backend applications
- Good working knowledge of program and project management methodologies and the role of technology resources in support of those methodologies
- Excellent verbal, written, presentation and inter-personal skills
- Undergraduate degree in computer science, information systems or a related technical discipline is required
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.