Marketing Manager - US Client
- Foster City, CA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
The US Client Marketing team, part of the overall NA Marketing organization is transforming how we partner with clients to drive engagement, through a proactive and results driven marketing approach and strategy. Our focus is to enable client value and engagement, maximize Visa investment assets and partners and drive brand awareness and engagement. This is an exciting time and opportunity to join a very dynamic, strategic and results driven team. You will have the chance to be a part of a transformation that will make Visa the preferred marketing partner in the payments industry.
Super Regional issuers are key strategic client partnerships for Visa. We have experienced strong engagement with Super Regional clients, which has elevated the role we play in supporting the NA organization. We have an opportunity to expand our strategy by increasing engagement with more Super Regional issuers and deepening our marketing partnership approach.
The Manager, U.S. Client Marketing will drive efforts to maximize business building opportunities for Visa and our clients through the activation of Visa marketing platforms/initiatives and strategic use of sponsorship assets. This manager is responsible for building partnership relationships with key Super Regional Financial Institution (FI) clients, building best-in-class marketing plans that drive business goals for both Visa and its clients, and executing against an annual marketing plan. They will look to ensure we are diving strong brand engagement, client value and top line growth for Visa and our clients. They will be responsible for measuring the results and tracking the performance to ensure we are driving the strongest outcomes.
This Manager must be able to thrive in a fast-moving, highly matrixed environment. He/she will be results-oriented, flexible, and have a “can do”, positive attitude. Additionally, he/she must have a strong track record in working collaboratively with internal team members and external clients.
• Own the development of business building opportunities for key Super Regional clients through the activation of Visa product and marketing platforms (e.g. Uber Local Offers, PayPal) and the strategic use of sponsorship assets, including the NFL, Olympic Games, FIFA and Visa Signature
• Ensure that the overall planned marketing activities are aligned with the specific client’s objectives and identify areas of opportunities to deliver highly effective programs.
• Develop/manage scorecard for the specific Super Regional clients to track program success and report out, as needed
• Partner with Visa client-facing teams (Sales, Visa Performance Solutions) to identify business opportunities based on specific client’s strategies and goals
• Liaise with cross-functional partners (Product, Merchant, Innovation) to integrate Visa products and services as appropriate
• Work with his/her US Consumer Marketing counterparts to ensure seamless support of key US marketing priorities
• Participate in ideation and development of custom marketing programs across Visa platforms and sponsorship assets
• Manage agency partners during client program development, including concept creation, routing materials for review and securing stakeholder approvals
• Project timeline and budget management
• Purchase Order creation and management
• BA required
• Experienced, results-oriented marketer with 4-6+ years progressively responsible business experiences with a proven track record in delivering marketing programs for clients
• Experience in developing integrated and experiential client/partner marketing programs that include digital, social and/or mobile marketing strategies
• Previous experience working in financial services or working with financial institutions, preferred
• Deep knowledge and experience in tracking and measuring marketing program performance
• Digitally savvy with track record of using digital and social effectively
• Strong strategic thinker with a results orientation who approaches any challenge with thoughtfulness, drive and appropriate urgency
• Executive presence and ability to present and represent Visa both internally and with clients
• Outcome driven with solid grounding in creating & implementing a framework for metrics and technologies for digital measurement
• Collaborative and “hands-on” team leader and player who builds strong relationships internally and externally, and works well under pressure, thriving under tight deadlines
• Project management skills and attention to detail
• Positive individual who is a team player
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.