Staff Software Engineer
- Bengaluru, India
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
The Merchant & Acquirer Processing team is going through a transformation to converge our enterprise and small business platforms; while maintaining our market leading position and strong brand reputation across these segments. As a Staff Software Engineer, you will build and support the Common Data Platform, provide technical leadership and promote engineering excellence. This position is based in Bangalore.
- Design and develop Common Data Platform on the Hadoop stack.
- Lead and mentor the Common Data Platform development team by conducting design and code reviews.
- Translate complex functional and technical requirements into detailed design.
- Design for a highly scalable and highly secure Common Data Platform.
- Model Hadoop facts and dimensions and load data from multiple sources.
- Build, install, configure and support Common Data Platform.
- Deliver quality and reliability of platform data.
- Partner with remote teams to ensure alignment across product development.
- Identify opportunities for improvement and present recommendations to management.
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical field required. Masters Degree or other advanced degree preferred.
- 8+ years of total experience of which 6+ years of relevant experience in data integration, ETL or Big Data platforms.
- Expert level working knowledge of Oracle, MS-SQL databases.
- 4+ years of experience with big data and the Hadoop ecosystem (HDFS, Hive, Pig, HBase, Oozie, Scoop, Impala, Parquet, Spark).
- Experience with cubing or semantic layer (e.g. AtScale) platform.
- Experience with Java and consuming JSON and XML messages as data.
- Experience with job schedulers such as CA or AutoSys.
- Experience with source code control systems (e.g. Git, Jenkins, Artifactory)
- Experience with Flume and Kafka is a plus.
- Experience with NoSQL databases (e.g. Cassandra, MongoDB) is a plus.
- Experience with Machine Learning is a plus.
- Experience with platforms such as Tableau is a plus.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and communication/articulation skills.