Lead Data Architect - Big Data
- Palo Alto, CA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do. CyberSource, a Visa company, has been and continues to be a pioneer within the e-Commerce Payment Management world. Our VisaNet network is capable of handling over 65,000 transaction messages per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks.
We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
“Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.”
DaaS development is building the Next Generation Data processing platform with cost-effective and distributed applications on commodity hardware using best-in-class technology components. Building next generation DaaS applications require collaboration with exceptional group of software engineers, Data architects, DevOps engineers, payment experts and infrastructure architects.
We are looking for an experienced technical expert in Big Data technologies to help us build our team in Palo Alto. As a Lead Data Architect, you will work independently and with other software engineers as well as program/product managers to create distributed services and front-end APIs for developers to consume. You will help shape the overall structure of the DaaS (Data as a Service) offerings.
- Architect and develop new applications.
- Design, develop, document and implement new programs and subprograms, as well as enhancements, modifications, and corrections to existing software.
- Responsible for the over-all systems architecture, scalability, reliability, and performance.
- Build and maintain relationships with global and virtual teams and third parties on software development or support issues.
- Collaborating with and/or lead cross-functional teams, build and launch applications and data platforms at scale, either for revenue generating or operational purposes
- Developing and delivering quality data structures, models and services on time and on budget. Solutions developed by the team use Java, Hbase, Hive, Hadoop, Pig and other ETL technologies.
- Maintaining current technical knowledge to support rapidly changing technology, always on a look out for new technologies and work with management and development team in bringing new technologies.
- Candidate must be able to work independently with minimal supervision and supplemental engineering support, while responding efficiently to multiple program priorities.
- Become a subject-matter-expert (SME) for various program domains in support of building test capabilities.
- Ensure quality of services are near 100% defect free and services work in production to support uptime SLA of each program.
- Master’s degree in computer science or equivalent
- 9+ year track record of relevant work experience and a Computer Science or related technical discipline is required
- Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms, enterprise systems, and asynchronous architectures.
- Experience in Hadoop using Jave, C++, HBase, Spark, Kafka, Hive,Pig, Splunk technologies.
- Experience with large distributed services is a plus as is building/operating highly available systems.
- Agile & waterfall development experience.
- Experience using version control and bug tracking tools.
- Ability to generate creative and innovative solutions for QA challenges and constraints.
- Ability to work well in a team environment and be able to effectively drive cross-team solutions that have complex dependencies and requirements.
- Strong technical vision, presentation and technology leadership skills.
- Expert level SQL skills for data manipulation (DML) and validation (SQL Server, DB2, Oracle).
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience on Cloudera distribution preferred.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.